Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. Karusel Oct 6, 2020

Got the call today so I stopped by and paid the rest. Seems like that's what it is.

2. wolfe44 Oct 6, 2020

I'm shocked people are paying IN FULL for a watch they haven't actually seen in person and may not see for upwards of a year or possibly more!? Wow.

When you pay in full it's not a "deposit" it's an order. I would fully expect to get the item within a timely fashion if I had paid in full. More power to them, obviously they have cash to float. That's great. Just surprises me this model omega is pursuing for a non limited edition. Wow.

3. EricCsN Oct 6, 2020

I dont mind paying in parts or in full if it is guaranteed, right now I couldnt even know whether they will offer me any (I was on a list with a non Omega owned OB since April (then just been updated by them to register on line to omega US website to its waiting list -effective restarting from square one !!); am on another list with Omega owned OB (with no history of purchase) - and I have been on such lists with rolex while rolex played games)

Edited Oct 6, 2020
    wolfe44 likes this.
  4. texasmade Oct 6, 2020

Should we go ahead and start speculating what the first real watch will be listed at on chrono24 just to get a jumpstart on things?

mk2rick likes this.
  5. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

My OB mentioned this during time of deposit to be fair, but at that point I was still expecting $8k for 6 months, and LP. You're right that it's a big ask (at least to me personally), and may be the final straw. A deposit for a few months is one thing, but full px + tax for what could be 2 years or longer doesn't make much financial sense any way you spin it (unless they actually are capping production).

However, I'm not that shocked that a lot of people are willing to accommodate though. Lot of people have more money than me and for them this is just a drop in the bucket.

scapa, mk2rick and wolfe44 like this.
  6. EricCsN Oct 6, 2020

It is worrying that omega is copying rolex footsteps, availability becomes questionable except from secondary markets and I am made to feel like a peasant in rolex presence

Edited Oct 6, 2020
    mk2rick likes this.
  7. pw92676 Oct 6, 2020

I blinked and this thread blew up. Hard to keep up with everything.

LOVE this watch but more importantly to me is that I LOVE what the concept of a Snoopy means to me. Now that there is a release image, it seems very straightforward to me: either you like it or you don’t. If you like it, do you like it enough to pay MSRP or not.

Hard to fathom how there is still chatter about deposits, limited availability, price etc. It’s just a watch folks.

speedypants and STANDY like this.
  8. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

If only it were so simple...

Do you normally pay upfront for something with an estimated (but really no guarantee) delivery of 18 months out? Don't think that's standard business practice, and this isn't even made to order.

9. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

10. JetLinks Oct 7, 2020

This thread is getting ridiculous (but kinda fun)....

*Do I like the watch, abso-friggin-lutely!
    *Is is priced right...... questionable, but probably.
    *Am I desperate to be one of the first to get one, fall for all the sales crap that Omega is spewing and drop a whopping $10k without having seen it in person..... BIG FAT NO!
    *Is it going to be worth 2x, 4x or 10x like Snoopy 45.... I don't care as I will keep it!
    *Will I buy one next year when all this PR sh*t is over.... most likely!!!!
    *And what happens if all my the OBs here in California run out..... I'll go back to England and buy one there!!

My stress is over!! Wooosssaaaahhh!!!

Speedo_Fr, CTS-V, speedypants and 4 others like this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 7, 2020

Have you been told 18months. Or are you just guessing.

Pay the rest of your deposit in the US your looking at in the next few months. Pay a full deposit after this phase and your looking at maybe 6 months.

This is what it is and I would have no issue paying before the next increase.

So please stop the Conjecture that it’s 18 months or limited if no one knows other than Omega. Like someone said a few pages ago Boutiques knew shit 3 days ago and now they know everything.

YY77 likes this.
  12. harrymai86 Oct 7, 2020

Just called a local AD the only one in my country and put down the info. Emailed them before on 21 Sep before the announcement but still the PIC said hundreds have been on waitlist already and they still do not know the exact numbers being allocated to them yet. I cant imagine how many orders have been put down big OB in US or Europe.

13. Dedlock Oct 7, 2020

Both the Ads i deal with have contacted me and said they have not seen this much hype and interest for an Omega product in a long while.

I told them its not a limited edition and that there will plenty in coming years, they said its not likely due already a high volume of people wanting to purchase the watch outright. Also they believe global production will be 2000 per year!

I told one of them I'd rather purchase that last piece omega bullhead 225.12.43.50.04.001. Lol.

14. Twocats Married... with children Oct 7, 2020

My AD said two years production only for the watch is what he was told.

15. kelsey Oct 7, 2020

Imagine the insanity here if Omega had of made it limited to 1970 pieces.

16. JetLinks Oct 7, 2020

Deposit paid for sure!!!

17. hb8745 Oct 7, 2020

There is no conjecture on my part, I'm simply relaying what I was told directly by my OB - to expect 12-18 months, and possibly longer than that. You were clearly part of the crowd that were saying OBs knew sht, pre-release, not me. In fact, I was posting on this thread the whole time details about the release that were relayed by my OB, only to be met with a barrage of trust issue skeptics who were all singing the tune of "everything is pure speculation because if they're not working in the corporate office they can't possibly know the truth, and my 1 data point is conflicting so that must mean all of the OBs are speculating!" All the OBs I've spoken with were all spot on about everything, which is why I don't really hesitate to not believe them here.

If you're going to call someone out for conjecture, at least call out the ones who were wrong lmao.

18. munichblue Oct 7, 2020

To be honest, I’m really not overwhelmed with this watch but it seems a lot of people are going to enjoy it very much. Have fun! :thumbsup:

Dedlock and blufinz52 like this.
  19. midimanwatch Oct 7, 2020

Why would these people lie!!!

Phone Omega !!!

20. midimanwatch Oct 7, 2020

This is at total odds to the information I have been given from the UK Flagstores.

Do you care to share a redacted copy of your receipt from the Omega Boutique on here and not some AD.

Some AD's might be taking deposits but when they get them is another question because of supply issues.
    Delivery has already been put back to late 2020 and early 2021. Plus OB's lists will be getting first priority on orders in the UK.

Thank you.

Edited Oct 7, 2020