Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

That could all be true, but if it is, I think it's interesting that they would operate internally as if it were basically a LE, but go out of their way to market it publicly as non-limited.

Looks like they were really trying to push speculators away on this one, which makes sense. Only other reason I could think of doing this, is that they're seeing a lot of cancellations and they're trying to reassure those still on the fence that corporate will keep valuations in-line.

rohnin likes this.
  2. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

Look. I don’t work for Omega; nor any OB lol. I was told any that made deposit with US OB before today will get one. Hence why it’s capped at 1000 pieces/deposits for US for now. I don’t know how every other OB is ran other than who I’m dealing with. So I say “should”.

3. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

He said allocation to US was 1,000 pieces over the total production, or they currently had 1,000 deposits already and were shutting the list down for now?

4. Omega-Q Oct 6, 2020

I haven't heard from my OB at all. The release came and went. I have my receipt for my deposit. I will get it when I get it...at least if the rumour is true, I am one of the first 1K to put my deposit down. Now it is time to wait for the iPhone 12 release next Tuesday! haha!

5. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

Both

6. kelsey Oct 6, 2020

Any day I get to trade worthless fiat for a nice watch is a good imo :)

7. Evitzee Oct 6, 2020

Sounds like the Omega PR Dept and OB's are whipping up a shortage, real or not. I don't believe any 'facts' tossed out by OBs or AD's, they have a vested interest in keeping the froth going.

wolfe44, GT3 and E-wotch like this.
  8. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

For sure. Anyone know how many total US OBs? Wouldn't be too difficult to back into a high level est

9. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

That would mean that if you're not in now, you're out (ex-cancellations)? If that's true, then it really isn't as easy to obtain as the "non-limited" language would suggest.

10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 6, 2020

Heard in Australia it’s going to be produced for at least three years, and if interested you will get one, just no everyone will get one straight away. A batch will be delivered by the end of the year.
    Sounds like the language of the release to me.

JTM, kelsey and hb8745 like this.
  11. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

Right. I really don’t know. I hear the 321 movement being limited to 2000 annually. I don’t know but also don’t see Omega pushing much more 3861 movements with this details like the case back complication etc per year. But again, I don’t know ... I’d hate to speculate.

12. Evitzee Oct 6, 2020

But that's all you have been doing......speculate.

E-wotch and YY77 like this.
  13. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

lol, right. I guess you didn’t read before. What your OB tell you? ;)

14. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

Wow the website location finder was not friendly at all for this, but:

Total of 32 total OBs in the US, effectively 30 if not double counting the 2 in Honolulu and Vegas.

Assume ~30 "real" (ex-cxl) deposits at each location, then they've already allocated the 1,000 pieces

If they allocate geographically similarly to A11 50th, that would mean ~10k pieces globally, which seems in line.

Now that's all on the assumption that they will stick to 1,000k pieces in the US. If they do, the notion of anyone getting one a year down the line with a wait seems a bit loose.

15. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

That would make sense, in line with the pr. Deposits are already being scheduled out until year 2. 1 more year for additional interest sounds fair.

However, my OB has been straight with me on everything else so far, and has also indicated very limited production #s. Just hard to reconcile that with the official line.

16. taz101 Oct 6, 2020

is if they are 'trying to do a Rolex'

17. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Oct 6, 2020

You know what they say about assumptions :whistling:

The last few pages are going into crazy speak with people peddling nonsense.

Like all new releases lately there is more talk about deposits and allocations then there were on the watch itself.
    We aren’t even up to the pages on the flipping shenanigans yet. :thumbsdown:

speedypants, YY77 and 8100_RPM like this.
  18. Omega-Q Oct 6, 2020

Just wait until the first one pops up on the for sale section.......

19. 8100_RPM Oct 6, 2020

It will be interesting to see what the global distribution of the Apollo 13 will look like. When I asked about the ST2 back in 2018, the OB manager told me less than 300 were coming to the US.

mk2rick likes this.
  20. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

Yes and I hate that phrase - on par with "it is what it is." You do realize that assumptions with recognition are the cornerstone of basic problem solving and modern scientific rsch right? Or maybe you never had to solve problems without perfect and complete information. Must be nice to be all-knowing.

Not sure how this is crazy speak and nonsense. Maybe it is for you, but I don't judge or care what you do with your money. For me personally, blindly floating $10.5k for 2 years for an Omega is crazy speak and nonsense.

I'm interested in the business model and strategy as much as I am in the watch, and have already gained quite a bit of insight. There's only so much you can say about the watch itself. Some people like it, some people don't.

Riadhk likes this.