Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. texasmade Oct 6, 2020

That's not really much of a time difference.

E-wotch likes this.
  2. phooi Oct 6, 2020

I’m just providing data points. If you find it useful, great.

3. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

Odd today. OB said only 1000 pieces production run for US. Not sure if true or how many more made worldwide.

4. Evitzee Oct 6, 2020

Apollo 11 US allocation was somewhere between 700 and 800 pcs out of a total run of 6969. But again, just speculation as to what Snoopy plans are, especially being a non-limited edition.

5. secretagent Oct 6, 2020

OB told me today, everybody who is in needs to pay the balance in the next 48 hours. He also said they are actively looking for people with multiple deposits and booting those. Said we may get a clue about availability at end of oct.

6. taz101 Oct 6, 2020

I was told the same from my AD 1000 across the parent company split among the dealers expecting 2-3 per AD over a year

7. Caliber561 Oct 6, 2020

I heard the same from my OB. One watch per person, regardless of purchase history.

I was also told that US boutiques would only get an allocation of 600. Not sure if this is true, because I'd imagine the US to be Omega's largest market for Apollo-related pieces, but if this is the case, the watch is already looking to be more limited than the Apollo 11 even though it's "general production."

8. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

Yeah. They definitely got 1000 US deposits and HQ said don’t take anymore. My OB said today they’ll honor the first come first serve basis regardless of VIP or history. I think that’s the fair way to do it, and that’s what I was referring to the other day I would expect omega to do. I had a few beers that other day, but I think most had missed my point here. :p

9. Soulcreek Oct 6, 2020

It’s in Omega’s interest to keep actual numbers and region allocations vague. If they said 5000 for US for example than the desirability of the watch would slide. If there are indeed 600-1000 for US then there will be a lot of sad faces for those who can’t get one. Heck, even the Apollo 20th had 2000 pieces!

10. Donfiore Oct 6, 2020

Just been offered one by my AD, honestly I won't pay nearly 10k usd for it.

11. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

Well that's good to hear they're taking the high road here. What did they give you as an ETA at your spot?

12. wolfe44 Oct 6, 2020

The OB have no idea how much production will occur or what their allocation will be. What we do know for sure is that it is NOT a limited edition. Those who want one and are willing to pay the full price will be able to get one. That's a lot of coin for a watch.

I think it looks nice, but it's not for me. Certainly not at that price. If I were very wealthy I'd probably buy one simply for the novelty/collector value, but it's not something I could see myself wearing

13. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

4-6 months. Maybe less.

hb8745 likes this.
  14. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

So OBs today are told by HQ there will be only 1000 pieces max for US market during whole production run. And other sources confirm OB release only.

How is it you know better than them how many will be made? Just because it’s not LE labeled don’t mean they will make unlimited quantities. Keep in mind I said before that I don’t really care if they make a million of them. It doesn’t make me like it more or less if LE , LP, or not... I don’t care about that. Just passing along the info.

15. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

Why is the delivery timeframe so long? Covid? For those that went through the A11 50th process, was the delivery timeline in-line with what we're seeing here?

Seems like if you were 1-10 on the deposit list, its ~6 months. I'm not too much further down but I'm 12-18 months. From how many deposits I've seen, those that are at 40+ are waiting, what, 2 years? Unless they plan on ramping up and not straight lining deliveries, am I missing something here?

I'm ok with floating them a few g for a few months - no big deal. But $10.5g for 2 years for a watch that's not LE? The opportunity cost for that situation is not trivial, and pushes the effective net net price to over $11k...

16. scapa Oct 6, 2020

Just got the email from my AD. They've ordered a bunch and have nearly pre-sold out of them, with 50% deposits. Price here is CAD 13,100 plus taxes -- and even then, "crazy popular," is how he described the level of interest. Seems like a hit out of the gates, at least. Estimated delivery window November to January for the first batch.

Tempted but there's a whole lot of tempting watches in that price range. Especially with the 2861 Speedy looming.

Edited Oct 6, 2020
  17. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

Perhaps COVID is a new variable unlike previous releases. Perhaps it’s the extra details in the piece. Perhaps not all OBs have right info from regionals hence they don’t know ETA and some give worst case scenarios. Perhaps HQ always had number in mind. Etc. What I know is if you got deposit before today in OB, you should be good. Anything else who knows. Sure, they can make a million later. Regardless, as of today, HQ is not committed to that.

18. GT3 Oct 6, 2020

Nice if ADs, not just OBs, will also got them... or perhaps it’s OB for US only.

19. scapa Oct 6, 2020

That was his timeline -- not sure he'd take an oath on it, but they're easily the biggest-volume Omega dealer in the region and he's generally a straight shooter. Canada only really has one OB, and that's really a semi-OB, so may be handled differently here.

20. texasmade Oct 6, 2020

That's nice to hear but what I don't want is you should be good, eventually. I don't mind waiting 6-12 months but if it's 2 years later, I'm going to be pretty pissed. By that time I'll probably have enough money and be so pissed, that I'll tell them get me the EW 321 in SS instead!