Forums Latest Members

October 5th 2020 - Snoopy Celebration

1. midimanwatch Oct 6, 2020

DOH, try watching the video and reading other reports elsewhere.

2. Barstoolman Oct 6, 2020

The exact opposite is true............its clearly a situation, after speaking to 3 OB in SoCal, as well as 2 Ads, that the watch will be released to Boutiques first, once their orders are filled, then ADs. 100% everyone who wants one, will get one.....its just matter of when!!! First 2 years of production expected to be in the 5,000 units, total!!!!......slowly ramping production down after then.

Edited Oct 6, 2020
    Japanred and AllHerMovements like this.
  3. AllHerMovements Oct 6, 2020

Ah. That is helpful. This explains why my AD is confident he will get the watch but also why I told me mid 2021 or late 2021 is his expectation. Thank you.

Japanred likes this.
  4. midimanwatch Oct 6, 2020

Listen to that Youtube video and the Fratello review.

Read reports elsewhere.

OB only item.
    No ADs
    First come first serve basis with no guarantee of getting one.
    Omega have not been asking for deposits.

People are also going crazy over the price!!

And I have an OB confirmation email of my request to purchase!! Something visible unlike those that put down their deposits elsewhere.

Orders could trickle down to ADs in time to fulfil the demand but I guess that depends on Omega.

5. TokenMao Oct 6, 2020

::facepalm2::::facepalm2::::facepalm2::::facepalm2::::facepalm2::

6. bobby shankit Oct 6, 2020

Opened my emails up this evening to this below so swiftly paid my deposit :D this is a UK boutique btw for those interested.

We have now had confirmation we are now able to accept deposits for this new time piece.

If you would like to proceed in securing yourself one of these time pieces we require a 20% deposit of £1650, which can either be paid in store or via bank transfer. We anticipate orders to be fulfilled early 2021 approximately.

Japanred likes this.
  7. Caliber561 Oct 6, 2020

@US members with deposits down, are you getting calls from your OB requesting the remainder of the deposit be put down? My OB has told me that the list has closed, and they're trying to pare it down by getting rid of people who don't want the watch.

8. taz101 Oct 6, 2020

not true I am in order with deposit from AD

AllHerMovements likes this.
  9. phooi Oct 6, 2020

i heard from 2 people that OBs have closed the list in the US. All allocations are filled. Both of those people prepaid for their watches yesterday. I would not be surprised if OBs start calling and asking for the remainder since they know the pricing now.

Personally, I emailed my OB and they have not asked for the remainder.

10. Evitzee Oct 6, 2020

Boutiques would have no idea of Omega's production plans, just conjecture on their part. If Omega makes a total of only 5,000 units in the first two years you'll be back to the 45th Snoopy flipping silliness and very unhappy customers. Your statement, "100% everyone who wants one, will get one.....its just matter of when!!" is unlikely to be true if only 5,000 pieces made in first two years and ramping down after that. Omega holds the cards here, they can supply the people who really want one and keep the flippers at bay, but even Omega doesn't know what that number is at this point. But almost certainly far greater than 5,000 units over two years.

taz101 likes this.
  11. Bp1000 Oct 6, 2020

Any update on expected delivery if purchased through an OB

I keep reading about early 21 for ADs but not seen updates regarding OBs

12. E-wotch Oct 6, 2020

Apparently if you buy on eBay right now some guy will have it delivered within a few days! [​IMG]

13. sgrossma Oct 6, 2020

Generally speaking, OBs should not and will not require the remainder until it is time to purchase the watch. At that point, you can pay the balance and get the watch or get your deposit refunded and not get the watch (unless you cancel sooner).
    Whether you made a 5k deposit or a full deposit, it is still a deposit. To have an OB come back and say, "sorry but the deposit amount is now different than what we told you last week, and you now have to pay in full" is a bit ridiculous. I'm not saying that there won't be 1 off cases of this, but generally, no, that should not be the case.

speedypants likes this.
  14. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

I don't think they will necessarily flood the market, but from what you and others have mentioned, it seems like they will match demand. Anyone who wants one within the first few years will be able to get it, albeit with a wait.

Where I have a difference in opinion is regarding exclusivity. There is very little middle ground, here and I think they've set themselves up for failure with this watch, in terms of strategic brand positioning (if rolex is indeed where they want to go strategically). Exclusivity represents something that not everyone has because its hard to acquire and/or limited in nature. This can be achieved several different ways, with the most straightforward being LE, fixed total supply. The level below that is fixing production to artificially create scarcity. You might get one eventually, but the wait time is so prolonged that it feels extremely difficult, effectively facilitating the need for a very rich grey market.

This launch very much reminded me of a streetwear drop, with all the surrounding hype. If the last snoopy wasn't limited, the values wouldn't have skyrocketed, there'd be way less hype, and consequently way less interest in this most recent launch. That's exactly what's going to happen in the next launch. The core fans will still tune in, but the hype will be nowhere near as high as this launch on the back of the 45th. The streetwear/hype drop model can't exist without successful drops, and that's frankly hard to do without limited pieces.

I agree with you that Omega are playing somewhat of a middle-ground here, and that's going to be a problem in respect to exclusivity. They aren't putting a hard stop on production, and the wait times won't be long enough to really drive the notion of exclusivity. I would consider a 3 year waitlist to be exclusive. A 6 month or 1 year wait for a watch, I would view more as an annoyance more than anything.

Maybe this sounds counterintuitive at first, but I'll draw a simple parallel with popular nightclubs/lounges. To get into the most "exclusive" clubs, you have several different options:

1. Connects - no premium, no wait (VIP at OB, early delivery)
    2. Pay huge premium for Bottles/Table - no wait (Pay secondary mkt/flipper premium)
    3. Wait 2 hours like everyone else and potentially get in (Wait 3+ years)

Now a lot of clubs have 1 and 2, but only the exclusive clubs have #3 (of course, you still need a good product that people demand). Sounds like what Omega is trying to do here is be that club that lets everyone in, but with a 30 minute wait. Just long enough to be nuisance, but not really long enough to be deemed exclusive. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but I just wouldn't consider it exclusive either.

15. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

I was told by OB when I put down the deposit that the remaining would be billed on launch date when final pricing was annc'd, not delivery.

16. taz101 Oct 6, 2020

Just speculation though you don’t they won’t “put a hard stop on production” just because they said non limited that could simply mean non LE not LP.
    I think personally they are moving toward Rolex strategy and simply delivering in smaller numbers to drive hype similar to the so called ‘3 black subs to every 1 green sun’ rumour

E-wotch likes this.
  17. platogsd Oct 6, 2020

::facepalm2::::facepalm2::::facepalm2:: Haha! Wild! People don’t actually fall for this do they? Absurd!

E-wotch likes this.
  18. Evitzee Oct 6, 2020

There is a very small percentage of people who fall for the African Prince scheme where somehow they have been chosen to be a beneficiary of $X million, they only have to provide some basic info. Watch 'American Greed' and see how people get duped all the time when they should know better. All it takes is one person to bite on this immediate 'deal' for a Snoopy watch.

E-wotch likes this.
  19. hb8745 Oct 6, 2020

By hard stop i mean setting a quantifiable benchmark, and when that's hit no more production (ie 7k pieces, or 2 years). If they're dynamically trying to balance supply with demand, stopping production after demand has subsided wouldn't be considered a hard stop.

If they're trying to move towards a rolex strategy, I think giving an allocation to all that want one with a 6-10 month wait won't be enough.

20. phooi Oct 6, 2020

Omega website says end of October. Recent Fratello article says November.