Obscure and Vintage Dive Watches

The emblem looks to be a European fire fighters helmet and tools. I suppose a highly water resistant watch would be a plus for firefighters.
Feuerwehr means Fire Department 😉

I feel like that's a lead in to some comment about my hose ... but, no. I'm not a firefighter.

I feel like that's a lead in to some comment about my hose ... but, no. I'm not a firefighter.
Thought you might have bought it for your work or perhaps been presented with it.
I wouldn't dream of commenting on your pantyhose.

Thought you might have bought it for your work or perhaps been presented with it.
I'm not the poster of that watch 😉

It was given to Firefighters in Germany. But I bought it on eBay (found with box and papers). Not sure who it originally belonged to.

It was given to Firefighters in Germany. But I bought it on eBay (found with box and papers). Not sure who it originally belonged to.
Did you post this one on the thread for issued service watches? I would guess it qualifies.

The helmet in the emblem looks much like one in use by German firefighters during WW2 though with a bit less of the Stahlhelm vibe.
Wonder if they still use these helmets or if its just a traditional emblem.

Great to see this thread back up.
A Baylor supercompressor
Baylor wristshot.JPG
A gold-plated Zenith P3632
Zenith Diver wristsho.JPG
An original Seiko Samurai SBDA003 Seiko SBDA003 wristshot.JPG
And the one that got away. A Smiths Astral I found in a small jewellery shop in Italy, but they wanted absurd money for it
Smiths astral.JPG

Combining spaceflight and SCUBA diving:
August 1962, Mercury astronaut Leroy "Gordo" Cooper went diving wearing his Accutron Astronaut tuning fork wrist watch... also note the camera in its "waterproof" case... a novelty almost 60 years ago!
Accutron_AstronauDiver.jpg

A couple of new additions to my collection that I think qualify. Both from the 2nd oldest Swiss manufacturer Favre Leuba.
FL50_2.jpg IMG_6243.JPG

Scubapro 500 automatic. Best Scubapro imho ; Not über rare but still hard to find.

IMG_4328.jpg

Very obscure brand, yet very beautiful..

53060165_383308865821243_5493765635512991744_n.jpg
Not much for bright colored dials but I can see that these might be an advantage underwater.
Very nice looking watch overall. Orange and Black were my school colors.

Not much for bright colored dials but I can see that these might be an advantage underwater.
Very nice looking watch overall. Orange and Black were my school colors.

Thank you! 😀 I usually avoid loud colored dials too but the orange tone reminds me of the Doxa SUB 200T, a watch i always wanted and for a fraction of the price 😉 Turns out black and orange make a nice combo 🥰