Forums Latest Members
  1. Airbus Aug 8, 2022

Maybe a silly question, but to what extent was the Bond connection a motivation for you purchasing the NTTD? For me not that much. Omega should have this model without the Bond thing also - It is so good that it stands on its own. Sad that they are not making it anymore…

vintage hab likes this.
  2. Mspeedster Aug 8, 2022

Why do you say they're not making it anymore? It's still available. It will be discontinued at some point, but I've not heard anything official yet.

Being a life long Bond fan, the movie connection was definitely a factor. Having said that, none of the other Omega Bond watches interested me enough to buy until this one came along.

To be honest, I wasn't even that interested in the SMP before, I prefer the heritage 300 line. But there's something special about the NTTD. I do agree that it stands on its own. However, if it weren't a Bond watch, I don't think I could justify its price over the standard SMP.

3. Airbus Aug 8, 2022

It was said in a previous thread in this forum that while still available, Omega has seized production.

4. YY77 Aug 8, 2022

that was based on the "wrong" phrasing of out of stock on the US website.

5. Airbus Aug 8, 2022

I can't find the thread right now, but as I remember it wast it confirmed by ADs and Omega...

6. YY77 Aug 8, 2022

7. Airbus Aug 8, 2022

8. abrod520 Aug 8, 2022

I didn't care about the Bond connection at all, I was more excited about the titanium case and no-date dial.

9. vintage hab Aug 8, 2022

90% watch characteristics: titanium, no date, Milanese bracelet, patina
    10% big Bond fan

10. Fel Aug 8, 2022

I spoke to the manager at my local Omega boutique a while back and he said the watch would be discontinued once a new Bond was announced which is still a few years away. Things could have changed though.

11. Om3ga321 Aug 8, 2022

I don't care for Bond movies.
    I bought the watch purely on it's looks and quality.

12. Gerry73 Aug 8, 2022

Does anyone has an idea when the watch will be discontinued?
    There's no plans to discontinue the watch but it will be replaced by the next Bond iteration in the next film. Assume it's availability will remain constant for at least two or three years until the next film and accompanying timepiece are released.

From the 'New Bond Watch' thread. It's 60-something comments in. I'm not sure if it has sold less than it would have, had it come out with the movie and not before it. I would assume it will remain available until a new film and timepiece are out.

13. vintage hab Aug 8, 2022

I think it is selling less mainly because of the price.

14. Gerry73 Aug 8, 2022

Probably a factor for sure but it's a very unique watch. If it speaks to you a regular SMP won't scratch that itch and it will at some point be less available. I bought the NATO version but was not impressed at the overall package not including both strap options. Especially when the cotton case comes with a springbar tool slot but no tool or other strap option. I suspect it's done relatively well for Omega despite the delays with the movie. The strap improvements on the Milanese although welcome for those that needed it, should have not been required on a watch at this level.

15. texasmade Aug 8, 2022

I never bought one because of the mesh bracelet. I tried it on and there was a huge bulge on the underside with the clasp. I'm not a fan of NATO straps either so neither option really worked for me.

16. Gerry73 Aug 8, 2022

I also found the strap way too bulky. I wear mine on rubber now. Put the titanium hardware on the rubber two piece and the NATO sits in a drawer. Still love the watch.

17. Mspeedster Aug 8, 2022

That's too bad. The clasp design is probably the most controversial thing about the watch. But whether one loves or loathes the mesh bracelet, it certainly seems to be a trend setter. I absolutely love the looks of the bracelet, it was one of the key attraction points for me. But at this price point, Omega really should've include the Bond NATO as part of the package. A rubber strap option would've been very cool too.

20220727_092149.jpg
    ::love::::love::::love::

Duracuir1 and texasmade like this.
  18. Airbus Aug 9, 2022

This is interesting - then a Rolex get discontinued the price skyrockets. With Omega the situation is more of the oposite (with a few exeptions). Given that this might be a short run - does this speak for the NTTD or against?

Manny1979 likes this.
  19. Gerry73 Aug 9, 2022

Hard to say. The fact that it's not limited while being the current Bond watch might suggest people are waiting until it's no longer the current Bond watch. The closer we get to Bond26 the more likely people will wait to see what the next Bond watch is before buying the NTTD. They might also be holding out to see if they can get a reduction on the NTTD when it's no longer current. I think almost everyone who wants one has it by now. I have no idea on second hand value but I was happy to buy from an OB and pay full retail. It's gone up in list price since I bought it anyway. The move away from a very limited run might suggest Omega needed it to do well for longer but I suspect it's done very well for them regardless. As my first and only SMP it's a beaut.

20. abrod520 Aug 9, 2022

Quite the opposite for me actually. Once I had the NTTD home I found I rather disliked the combination of the matte dial and super-reflective crystal. I got rid of it in record time (traded for a JLC) and now am in absolute love with my standard, black ceramic dial 300M. It's just a far better executed watch IMO.