Normally, I'm impressed when I open a Tissot.....

Posts
4,495
Likes
10,986
Picked this up in a batch of watches. Forgot about this line of Tissot watches from the dark era :-/
Buyer beware.
 
Posts
9,236
Likes
76,921
Reduced risk of rusted parts 😗
 
Posts
1,077
Likes
4,454
How is that particular Tissot any better than the all metal geared Lucerne pin lever
Or the Vostok 31 jewel movement?
I am trying to figure out what I’m missing. Are those ceramic gears and will they hold up to the test of time better than these lesser regarded watches and movements?
 
Posts
4,495
Likes
10,986
The Tissot is a plastic dumpster fire. The only real value of the watch are the hands and crown.
Oh, it doesn't run.
 
Posts
3,445
Likes
35,193
Before I joined you horrible group of enablers, I liked watches.

But I did not care what was inside them. As long as they looked good and told time.

That’s a nice looking Tissot. Most normal people won’t give a hoot what’s inside. I bet they sold a pile of them.

Keep and enjoy!
 
Posts
1,615
Likes
3,862
Well, do not open a new modern watch under 2k... You may be quite surprised by a lot of them. Tissot was a precursor in using plastics.
 
Posts
30,178
Likes
77,925
And yet collectors go gaga over Lemania 5100's.

Such is the twisted and fickle area of watch collecting (or should I say watch collectors)...
 
Posts
1,723
Likes
5,347
And now it’s playing my head

Haha I knew it would get at least somebody😁
 
Posts
2,990
Likes
4,748
A plastic geared watch is high on my want list. As long as it is cheap.

My mentor made some parts for one of the colorful plastic watches with the weird surpintine hands. He did a lot of metal stamping so it was some sort of guard or spring.

Then there is Swatch ...
 
Posts
1,491
Likes
18,906
Man, these new fangled plastics are just a fad. Ask Glock and Styer.
 
Posts
1,077
Likes
4,454
Man, these new fangled plastics are just a fad. Ask Glock and Styer.
Glock is a nylon-based proprietary polymer. All plastics are polymers but not all polymers are plastic. Not the same. 👍