No minute track dial

Hi there OF,

I am creating a separate thread for this question.
Is the "no minute track dial" a thing or is it a clear sign of a reworked dial ?

I recently came in the possession of a 14763 CS-61 that has no minute track and that puzzles me somehow. I would like to know if this is normal as it doesn't look like a re-dial.

When discussing with @masteroftime he suggested that "it is possible that the dial was cleaned at one point and the minute markers were removed".

I really am a newbie to the world of vintage watches but from what I understand, "exceptions" seems to be one rule among the rules of vintages watches. I it possible that it had no minute track originally ?

So I began to look for 14763 with no minute track dial.

I found only this one:
https://www.watchuseek.com/threads/...r-1962-with-beautiful-natural-patina.5224351/

Expending my search to other vintage seamasters I also found this post from @Vanallard:
https://omegaforums.net/threads/18k-seamaster-de-ville-1963.103960/#post-1360859

Some pictures of my Seamaster bellow:

IMG_5053.JPG IMG_5071.JPG

Many thanks for your input !

If I had to guess I’d say the watch had water intrusion via the crown on the 3 o’clock side which probably looked pretty bad, and whoever it was cleaned that at the expense of the minute track then continued around the rest of the dial to keep it “even”. It looks like the right side of the dial was cleaned particularly heavily

it’s also a sign of possible water damage to the movement too so I’d be wary of this piece

If I had to guess I’d say the watch had water intrusion via the crown on the 3 o’clock side which probably looked pretty bad, and whoever it was cleaned that at the expense of the minute track then continued around the rest of the dial to keep it “even”. It looks like the right side of the dial was cleaned particularly heavily

it’s also a sign of possible water damage to the movement too so I’d be wary of this piece

Thank you for this answer. I will bring it to the watchmaker to have it inspected.

I am too much of a novice to notice this water intrusion so thank you for pointing that out. Even now that you mention it, I cannot manage to see it. Really uneducated eye. Your expertise goes in the same direction as Masteroftime so : cleaned dial.

That tells a lot about "no minute track" dials.