Newbie to buy a Seamaster Ref. 2848 with caliber 491 from 1954 - advise please...

Hello,
Although I am already 51 years old, I am new to vintage watches and kindly ask for advise.
I recently was given my grandfather's Omega which he had on his wrist every day for 45 years. It was bought 1970 and clearly shows its age (see photo below). 馃榾

This got me interested in vintage Omegas and I found one to my liking on Chrono24. It is a Seamaster Ref. 2848 with caliber 491 from 1954.
https://www.chrono24.de/omega/omega-1954-seamaster-beefy-lugs-serviced--id25522277.htm

From what I read online this (non-bumper) movement was already used in 1954 Omega watches. But I am wondering if a 68 year old dial can look this good without having had a makeover. What do you think?
I would highly appreciate if someone with more knowledge than me could have a look at the watch and tell me his/her thoughts. Is there anything "off" with this watch that should keep me from buying (for that price)?

Thanks a lot

Best
Christoph

Christoph welcome!

that is an original dial. Case has been polished in the past but still retains original chamfers on the lugs. It has the correct crown. Overall I鈥檇 say it鈥檚 a pretty good example for that reference. The price is in the high side. With time and patience you could find one for cheaper but if it鈥檚 in your budget and that鈥檚 not an issue for you than you could definitely pull the trigger.

There was another reply of a Gentlemen who was confused by my post. Sorry for that. 馃槈
The photo shows my grandfathers watch which is def. in bad shape.

The watch I would like to buy is only shown on the Chrono24 website.
I did not want to post a photo of the watch I intend to buy (because of possible copyright issues).

There was another reply of a Gentlemen who was confused by my post. Sorry for that. 馃槈
The photo shows my grandfathers watch which is def. in bad shape.

The watch I would like to buy is only shown on the Chrono24 website.
I did not want to post a photo of the watch I intend to buy (because of possible copyright issues).
Please post photos of the watch in question, rather than just the link.

Hands show some corrosion, but a nice case and dial. Price is on the high side.

Looks ok at first glance. Very clean piece all the way around. Asking price is about 2x market value IMO (and be aware that it may need to be serviced), but if you want a nice watch without spending a lot of time hunting, sometimes you may just want to step up and pay a premium. Just be aware that you would very likely take a loss if you ever decide to sell.