Forums Latest Members

Newbie looking to buy this constellation

1. Gra Gra Mar 30, 2021

HI all new member first time buyer have found this constellation.and any info will be appreciated seller says it's gold bezel complete with box and instructions was a gift about 20 years ago maybe worn 1 or 2 times asking 1500 AUD would appreciate any help about model ..value ...it looks in amazing condition to me but as above its my first purchase ...kind regards G

2. kkt Mar 30, 2021

Get the pictures from the seller and post them here.

connieseamaster likes this.
  3. Gra Gra Mar 30, 2021

Here's the pics thabks in advance for any help

image0.jpeg image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image5.jpeg image6.jpeg
  4. Walrus Mar 30, 2021

Are you looking for a dress watch? I’m gonna guess that’s a quartz model, is that correct. You see a lot of those floating around and tbh many collectors don’t really care for that particular constellation model. TBH I always kinda like the looks of them. Do you know the seller? Do you have concerns about it’s authenticity at all. I really don’t know a lot about those. What are you concerns if any? It appears legit but I’d wait for someone who knows more about them to pipe in. Have you looked at other models is your heart set on this model constellation

Gra Gra likes this.
  5. LuckyLes Mar 30, 2021

I have the same model Constellation, I bought it new in 2005. I can't look at mine at the moment because I am travelling, but I have a feeling mine has a gold medallion. Otherwise it looks pretty good to me. I think it's a fair price considering the condition looks good and it is a full set, or aren't the warranty cards with it? If there is no cards I would try and negotiate down a bit. A lot of people frown on quartz watches, but the accuracy is excellent and the service costs of modern Omegas are pretty high.
    Cheers
    Les

Gra Gra and AngelDeVille like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 31, 2021

Sitting all that time with a battery in it? ? I’d want that case back off to see the movement.

Gra Gra and Archer like this.
  7. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 31, 2021

Yes - clearly not running as all the hands are in the same spot in the photos that show them. If the battery was left in, it may have leaked, and caused damage to the movement.

Gra Gra likes this.
  8. kingsrider Thank you Sir! May I have another? Mar 31, 2021

The redundancy of the roman numeral bezel is... interesting. Just in case you are not familiar with the marker representations?

Gra Gra and DaveK like this.
  9. nickgr Doesn't like baklava!!! Mar 31, 2021

I had the automatic version of this Constellation, the Constellation 95:
    [​IMG]
    Elegant and very underrated watch in my opinion;)

Gra Gra likes this.
  10. Gra Gra Apr 2, 2021

HI all thanks so much for all your help appreciated

11. Gra Gra Apr 2, 2021

No I'm.not familiar thanks for the information ...

12. Gra Gra Apr 2, 2021

Battery has been replaced and working perfectly I've been informed thanks for your help

13. Gra Gra Apr 2, 2021

No I just really like it I was looking at a few tags but so many fakes with this being close to new with box etc it made my decision for me I just love the look of it

Walrus likes this.