Forums Latest Members

Newbie and need some advice on GSOTM

1. CWM135 Dec 14, 2015

Hi all,

Im looking to purchase a GSOTM in the coming weeks. I currently own a SS daytona and looking to add to my new found expensive hobbie.

I've tried it on at a couple of AD and every time it looks different in all shades of light, which i think adds to its appeal!

I know how much is possible on discounts on rolex's, so wanted to know how much is possible on Omega's/GSOTM at AD's.

Also is there a new strap coming out for the GSOTM as i tried the black/black on and that had a clasp, which i liked but not the black nylon strap.

Im based in London for info and would appreciate any idea's, suggestions or help. Thanks

2. Syed117 Dec 14, 2015

Boutiques won't discount at all.

ADs definitely will and if they don't, you should go to a different one.

I know 25%-30% is definitely possible, but not sure what kind of relationship you need to have to get that.

If paying a bit more to buy it yourself at an AD is acceptable then 15% would be the minimum you should probably accept. Maybe even 20%.

If you are willing to go through one of the sellers on this or other watch forums, they can probably get you 25% .

Hopefully someone with a specific AD recommendation in London will send you a private message. You might need to travel a bit outside to get a better deal.

Good luck. The GSOTM is an amazing watch. I personally like it more than the dark side.

3. CWM135 Dec 15, 2015

Info is all good to know! Thanks.
    Yeh im a sucker and go with AD for peace of mind.

Do you know anything about updated straps for GSOTM?

4. guelerct Dec 15, 2015

Once they include the ceramic deployment the price will increase.
    I bought a ss deployment for mine and it looks great.

5. CWM135 Dec 15, 2015

Have you got any pictures?

If your spending that amount of money on the watch already, i doubt it will make such a dent on the wallet

6. nedley Dec 15, 2015

Exactly. I was offered 25% at my AD after having purchased a couple pieces. That said, if you have any relationship at all it can't hurt to ask.

7. guelerct Dec 16, 2015

I got 20% at an AD after visiting 2 others which seemed good to me. I had it shipped too.

8. richard371 Dec 16, 2015

Its 12500 for deployment version of the GS. Saw the price list at the boutique. I broke down and ordered the ceramic/Ti deployment for my DSOTM and the black leather strap with white stitching. Yes it was pricy 1K but then thats basically the tax on the watch. It should make the watch classier then the current Velcro band and the deployment will be safer for taking the watch on and off and showing it to people. It actually scratched the itch to buy another watch so in the end it saves me a lot of money.

jcmartinez98 likes this.
  9. Syed117 Dec 16, 2015

Here is the stainless steel clasp that I bought from the boutique. Using it with an aftermarket strap for the Speedmaster 57.

I think the stainless clasp works really well with the gray side. Not so much with the dark side. At $279 (when I bought it a few months ago), it's less than a third of the price of the ceramic clasp.

One thing to note, the straps themselves for the gray side will be different based on whether they are made for the buckle or the clasp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. guelerct Dec 16, 2015

[​IMG]
    Yup, stainless looks great on grey side
    Here is my brown calf that I put on deploy

11. guelerct Dec 17, 2015

[​IMG][​IMG]

12. CWM135 Dec 17, 2015

I take it the price you quote is US $?

So should i want the ceramic deployment with the original croc strap, should they be readily avaliable at the AD's?

Going to have a nose around tomorrow in town. Will be going through Heathrow to fly away before the new year so will check out WOS in duty free if i havent purchased it already by then.

13. richard371 Dec 17, 2015

Yes US. ADs can order them but the big AD in the bay area that discounts said they cannot discount the strap and clasp as there isn't much room to work with.

14. alford78 Dec 17, 2015

My boutique can't/won't order the ceramic clasps until Jan.

I paid 7300 USD for GSOTM from a member here in the states. Don't know how shipping and taxes would come out for you but he has more warrantied watches left for that price.

15. CWM135 Dec 18, 2015

That's £4891!!! Retail in the UK is £7970, 39% off!

16. alford78 Dec 18, 2015

Quite a few members here and at RLX forums have bought them from him. Great guy and other threads about him on here asking if eBay listing is legit. He has new models as well but not nearly the same discount. Serge is great to deal with!

Here is a thread about his eBay listings

https://omegaforums.net/threads/thoughts-on-ebay-sale-new-grey-side-of-the-moon.28406/

Edited Dec 18, 2015
  17. alford78 Dec 18, 2015

Here's a little temptation lol. Love this watch more than my Rolex'. They have better bracelets overall than what I've seen of omega but loving my first Omega ceramic 24/7.

image.jpg
  18. CWM135 Dec 18, 2015

Went into an AD today and they could get me the deployment within the hour cause they had one at another shop but had to stump up the money there and then! I declined.

Went to WOS and Mappin & Webb and they said the deployment aint out for them until about March 2016 but wierdly gave me 10% off GSOTM with spending only 5 minutes with them without even talking about price!

19. alford78 Dec 18, 2015

Weird about the clasp. Others have mentioned buying one and I even started a thread asking for help purchasing one here state's side but got no help. My boutique said it isn't even in their computer to give me a price even if she wanted to sell me one off of their stock watches but said was informed early Jan would be able to get me one.

I'm guessing the people that have bought the clasp have done so because they are buying watches at higher prices and are just getting the treatment they deserve. That's just based on my thread staying silent about needing a store to purchase one from and what I wrote above from the Nashville TN boutique.

That's still odd though. Being able to buy a clasp from an AD would only mean a couple things.

1. Available in Europe
    2. Taking parts off new models that don't figure will sell until clasps are available
    3. Taking parts off watches and selling them with old straps and buckles which would screw up the matching serial number and watch options.