Forums Latest Members
  1. IHBrian Aug 4, 2020

Just wanted to introduce myself here. My name is Brian, I'm a superintendent for a construction company based out of Minneapolis but, I call Kansas home and travel the country for work. I have always collected watches on and off through the years but, have recently started getting back into it. I will admit that most of my collection is Seiko but, have a few Omegas and others in the mix. I recently picked up a 105.012-65 from a friend of mine and looking to pick up a couple other Omegas from him, which is ultimately why I joined this forum. I am looking to gain knowledge in the many various models and pick up some parts along the way. I can't seem to be able to post anywhere besides here yet so, hopefully that will change soon.
    I am learning a lot so far and look forward to learning more. Thanks all!

DaveK, JimJupiter, Alpha and 2 others like this.
  2. Bill Sohne Bill @ ΩF Staff Member Aug 4, 2020

Hi brian

welcome to the forums !!!

I have a const super lic in NYC among other things I have done over the years !!

enjoy

best
    Bill

3. IHBrian Aug 4, 2020

I find construction to be very rewarding, even years down the road where you can look and say you were a part of that and change the community in a positive way. I've been in the trades 17 years and in my current position coming up fast on two years. Very much looking forward to the page here, it seems to be laid out really well and a lot of very knowledgeable folks on here.
    Thanks for the welcome!

4. luzer Aug 4, 2020

welcome!

5. IHBrian Aug 4, 2020

B88934EE-C5D0-4007-9CFE-52DB468EABEB.jpeg
    My latest purchase.

JimJupiter and janice&fred like this.
  6. janice&fred Aug 4, 2020

Welcome! You will soon realize some of us are idiots and just love pretty pictures. Hows about showing more of those Seikos and Omegas you got? :D

FREDMAYCOIN likes this.
  7. IHBrian Aug 4, 2020

You’ll have to wait until I get back home for R&R from work. Currently 9 hours from home working for the rest of the year. Pics will follow though.

janice&fred likes this.
  8. jaguar11 Aug 4, 2020

A big welcome! Pictures are appreciated here!!

trama likes this.
  9. MRC Aug 4, 2020

Hello Brian, welcome.

I worked in construction 1967-73, first as an apprentice then on the drawing-board -- mainly power stations in the UK & Sweden. One day your work will be past its useful life and someone else will be paid to level it to the ground. That's a very sad day.

But I still have my Heuer I wore for the second half of those construction days :)

10. gbesq Aug 4, 2020

Welcome, Brian. I have a daughter who lives in Kansas and a nephew in Pennsylvania who will graduate next spring with a bachelor's degree in Construction Management. Neither of them are members of Omega Forums, but I'm very fond of them both anyway. :)

11. JimJupiter Aug 5, 2020

Welcome here again Brian! Eager to see your other watches as well :)

12. thewatchstandard Aug 5, 2020

Welcome Brian! I'm also new to the group, still trying to figure my way around here. Take care, and stay safe. :thumbsup: