New to me 2998 - Santa Claus comes in July edition

Posts
532
Likes
2,317
Santa (sometimes called FedEX)

Thoughts and opinions:

2998
1894xxxx Serial

Have not removed CB to see stampings (opener not setup for Speedys)

Killer dial & lume
Long hash, SWISS MADE
Is that Early Brown / Chocolate? Or just reading too much into it? Noon time sun
Tritium (only slightly higher than background 0.11 -v- 0.06 uSv/h)
Looks like later sweep
GREAT Hands
Leaf subdial hands
Nice case
Functions work and reset correctly
DON
Service Crown



 
Posts
1,553
Likes
6,786
Missed this one due to an unresponsive auction house ignoring my registration. I know of at least one more member here being in the same situation. So, I’m sure you’ve had an amazing deal, congrats!!!

Glad it stayed in the family! 😉

Oh and dibs! 😁
 
Posts
532
Likes
2,317
Hi Mark, my fellow 7922 chaser ~

Aludic - I was surprised it fell to there and I was around when the bidding was happening. I was not expecting it would so I had not asked for extra photos and such. It is also much nicer than the images.

Also snagged the PCG GMT with the service dial.
 
Posts
2,625
Likes
5,856
Amazing watch, and a beautiful dial!!

Congrats!

And I really like your title of the thread...😁
 
Posts
532
Likes
2,317
Amazing watch, and a beautiful dial!!

Congrats!

And I really like your title of the thread...😁
Hahaha! Thanks!

it is XMas in July ; )
 
Posts
1,306
Likes
5,825
Congrats, and great it landed in the family.

I was in a similar situation as @Aludic. I actually asked for more pictures through one of the online auction platforms and the auction house happily provided them, but then the registration somehow failed, and it must have happened to quite a few. My bid was higher than the final winning bid, but even mine was shown as overbid on that said platform. So all these bids never made it to the auction house.

Good for you! Enjoy. It does indeed look better on your pictures than on the auction pics.
 
Posts
532
Likes
2,317
Congrats, and great it landed in the family.

I was in a similar situation as @Aludic. I actually asked for more pictures through one of the online auction platforms and the auction house happily provided them, but then the registration somehow failed, and it must have happened to quite a few. My bid was higher than the final winning bid, but even mine was shown as overbid on that said platform. So all these bids never made it to the auction house.

Good for you! Enjoy. It does indeed look better on your pictures than on the auction pics.

Wow. I am wondering if they got burned somehow in a process issue. I did the online bidding, so yes, the absentee bids never registered.
 
Posts
5,861
Likes
16,799
Me thinks it’s a 2998-6. Congrats.
 
Posts
7,689
Likes
22,049
I’d say Liquorice and not chocolate 😉
Nice looking watch and congrats even though I lnow nothing about those.
 
Posts
5,660
Likes
9,496
Looks great ! What diameter pusher caps? And where was that Auction House ? Your price incl. The fees ? And do yourself a favour and get Pahawi ' s case opener. Nothing better . Achim
 
Posts
532
Likes
2,317
Looks great ! What diameter pusher caps? And where was that Auction House ? Your price incl. The fees ? And do yourself a favour and get Pahawi ' s case opener. Nothing better . Achim

4MM Caps (3.99) - (Price/Fees/House (USA) are what they are ; ) ) - I have been eyeing the Pahawi's case opener
 
Posts
6,457
Likes
21,964
4MM Caps (3.99) - (Price/Fees/House (USA) are what they are ; ) ) - I have been eyeing the Pahawi's case opener

Get it. Works great. Cheaper than a scratch.
 
Posts
532
Likes
2,317
Me thinks it’s a 2998-6. Congrats.

Would the -6 have the Leaf sub-dial hands from the factory? In the it's-not-the-norm-but-it-has-happened of 60s/70s watch manufacturing?
 
Posts
7,318
Likes
23,724
Use a case back protector if you’re going to keep that particular NATO on it; they can be surprisingly abrasive.