Forums Latest Members

New Speedy Hour Dial out of alignment

1. spaceeman Oct 5, 2020

Hi guys, A problem with my brand new Speedy, the chronograph hour dial is not operating properly. It seems to be either turning too fast or out of alignment. In the photos I have attached, you can see the first photo showing the hour dial hand slightly off alignment after 5 seconds.

Second, photo 35 min and its almost showing one hour.
    Third, 45 minutes and its basically at 1 hour and at 1 hour, its already past.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I took this to the Omega Boutique in my city and they agreed it was incorrect and I could get it checked by the service center but they said the Service center probably say that this is within tolerance and I should return it if it bothers me. To me, this is unacceptable for a watch this expensive and it will be costly to return and replace this watch for me.

Its a shame as I absolutely love the watch, its gorgeous and fits me perfect. Frustrated and disappointed right now as I saw perfect models in the boutique. Should I try to get it serviced via my warranty or just go through the pain to get a new one?

Am I being too picky? I don't think I can accept this, I want a perfect watch

Edited Oct 5, 2020
    StudebakerHawk likes this.
  2. Enzo Oct 5, 2020

Not sure I understand why it would be 'costly to return and replace' for you...maybe you did not buy it from the OB in your city?
    but anyway, if the watch is new/under warranty and there is something wrong with it I think it should be corrected or replaced for you so it is perfect.

spaceeman likes this.
  3. spaceeman Oct 5, 2020

I bought it abroad, so it would be alot of trouble to ship it back and get a new one. The real question I am asking is, is this normal or easily correctable and has anyone seen this before?

4. Canuck Oct 5, 2020

The warranty should be international if you bought from a boutique, or an authorized dealer.

Enzo likes this.
  5. spaceeman Oct 5, 2020

Yes, it is. You are right, unfortunately the two guys working at the Omega boutique were pretty certain that this problem was within tolerance... which is insane to me.

6. schoolboy Oct 5, 2020

And you can’t return it at any omega boutique?

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 5, 2020

Didn’t I already answer this on FB for you a week ago? Just get it fixed under warranty. It’s not in spec as a supposed OB employee claimed.

YY77 and Thrasher36 like this.
  8. Thrasher36 Oct 5, 2020

It's not even slightly close to being in spec. Get it fixed... Why do you hesitate?

9. YY77 Oct 5, 2020

Well you can't blame him for asking here again seeing FB is 50% fake news.::rimshot::

10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 5, 2020

I think he asked in 2 different FB groups and got the same answer.

I’m not sure why he doesn’t get it adjusted under warranty.

YY77 likes this.
  11. Dor_42 Oct 5, 2020

Not calling OP insane but...
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results."

Thrasher36 and Foo2rama like this.
  12. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 5, 2020

Hey, that is the same definition of a spouse :D

Martin_J_N, EricCsN, sonicosa and 2 others like this.
  13. schoolboy Oct 5, 2020

I’ve heard that is not the actual definition of insanity

but what would I know; I’m pretty crazy myself

14. spaceeman Oct 5, 2020

I asked in the Omega group on FB, but was hoping to get some more info from this forum as well. The reason I haven't gone the warranty option , as I wrote before, is that the Omega boutique said this is likely within tolerance and will not be fixed so what would be the point?

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 5, 2020

As I told before you the person you spoke too has no idea at all. It’s clearly outside of of Omega’s published specifications. They are Swiss watchmakers not Chinese made children’s toys. They take accuracy very seriously. It’s most likely just an adjustment to resolve.

talk to literally anyone else that works for the company. But since at least 40 people on multiple venues at my count have already told you this, I have no clue why your still asking.

Thrasher36 likes this.
  16. spaceeman Oct 5, 2020

I have already contacted Omega via the website for help, is there any other way to contact them directly?

17. dstfno Oct 5, 2020

Actually, your watch is running fine.

The chrono hour hand is not linked to the minutes hand so it doesn’t go through the whole hour at an equal pace. But as long you’re able to tell the timed interval correctly (=> know if you’re in your first or second half hour interval), the watch is performing within specifications. The Omega employee is right.

I know it’s annoying, but that’s the way it is.

Edited Oct 5, 2020
    Strick likes this.
  18. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 5, 2020

Call the boutique and talk to anyone else.

Thrasher36 likes this.
  19. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 6, 2020

Also asked on WUS...

Thrasher36 and spaceeman like this.
  20. Thrasher36 Oct 6, 2020

Maybe he bought his watch on Jomashop or WatchMaxx and they say its within spec. Which it is not. Maybe for some reason Omega wont fix it for free/warranty and he doesn't want to pay Omega to have it fixed. Maybe the watch belongs to a customer and he is trying to convince them its within spec so he doesn't have to pay to get it fixed. This watch is clearly bad and Omega either under warranty or for a charge would fix it so for me the bigger question is what is the OP up to by fishing for the answer he clearly wants to recieve?