New Speedmaster won't reset to 12

Posts
4
Likes
0
I have a brand new Speedmaster, I've just used the seconds timing function, it started and stopped just fine, but when I now press the bottom button it doesn't reset to 12... any ideas
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,671
It should only reset when the chrono is stopped.
 
Posts
1,990
Likes
9,505
Pusher by 2:00 (top) starts/stops the chronograph, pusher by 4:00 (bottom) resets the chrono function. (I am sure you know but just in case always start with the obvious) If it does not reset take it back to where you bought it for warranty work or replacement.
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
Pusher by 2:00 (top) starts/stops the chronograph, pusher by 4:00 (bottom) resets the chrono function. (I am sure you know but just in case always start with the obvious) If it does not reset take it back to where you bought it for warranty work or replacement.

Thanks - I'll drop in to the dealer tomorrow.
 
Posts
7,773
Likes
14,363
If it's a brand spanking new one I'd ask for a new one rather than having yours sent in for a repair. Bring the box and paperwork with you when you visit and ask for a new one.
 
Posts
4
Likes
0
Left the watch on the winder over night - tried again and it reset OK... worth noting... make certain watch is filly wound!

Thanks for your assistance
 
Posts
6,414
Likes
31,475
Left the watch on the winder over night - tried again and it reset OK... worth noting... make certain watch is filly wound!

Thanks for your assistance
So it isn't a manually wound Speedy?
 
Posts
84
Likes
243
So it isn't a manually wound Speedy?
He might have a manual wind type winder. Ive seen those on line.
 
Posts
6,414
Likes
31,475
He might have a manual wind type winder. Ive seen those on line.
My assumption was OP had a normal Moonwatch, that why the overnight on a winder sounded off me, must be an automatic Speedmaster then.
 
Posts
7,773
Likes
14,363
Sounds like another owner trying to use an incompletely wound watch, harder to do with an automatic.
 
Posts
30,172
Likes
77,911
Left the watch on the winder over night - tried again and it reset OK... worth noting... make certain watch is filly wound!

Thanks for your assistance

The chronograph will rest regardless of the state of wind of the watch - being fully wound won't make any difference.

Strange thread...