Forums Latest Members

New Omega Speedmaster Professional Cal 3861 issues....

1. Ale_A Jul 8, 2021

Dears,

I am new to this forum but I felt to need to share my experience with the community.

On February 2021 I bought a brand new omega speedmaster ref 310.30.42.50.01.002 from the Italian omega online store boutique.

It is an amazing watch and it worked exactly as expected, 50 hours power reserve, super precise. I would never regret buying it.
    I wear it everyday, and I charge it everyday at the same time (8:40am ). It never got hit and never got wet but...all of a sudden....the worst nightmare of any Omega fan materialised.

Few days ago, after one hour from the full charge (9:40 am), it stopped. So I quickly reset the correct time (11:20 am) and recharged it again (it was almost fully charged anyway as the full charge happened just 3 hours earlier). It started again and stopped again at around 4:30pm. I charged it again! This time the turns to the full charge were a little bit more (say 20 turns). The charge last 12 hours. Normal turns for my watch used to be 80+ for 50 hours reserve and 50 turns for 24 hours.

The morning after I charged it again and it last 19 hours and then again but only last 12 hours...During the charges explained above I decided on purpose to never activate the chrono hand..

The situation has not improved till today..actually it got worse when I decided to check what happens when I also activate the chrono hand. After a few second from its activation all hands (seconds, minutes,hours) stopped until the reset of the chrono hand. Then I tried again and the same thing happened. The third time the chrono hand stopped after 1 second..I decided not to "play" with it anymore..I believe for such a quality watch activating it 3 times in a row should not create any issue.

I think that now I am only left with the option to run to the omega service centre but, honestly, with much much disappointment...
    I treat this watch more gently than my 4 months boy, I barely activated the chrono hand in the past, basically only a few times just to enjoy watching the movement..

I believe the international guarantee will cover all the costs of the service but I was not expecting to service it after 5 months only...

2. dcl_88 Jul 8, 2021

3. FL23833 Jul 8, 2021

Try a different charging cable ::rimshot::

4. Ale_A Jul 8, 2021