New Seamaster Aqua Terra has (dust?) particle under crystal / hanging from hour hand. Thoughts?

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and new to collecting watches. A week ago, I bought my first luxury watch from an Omega Boutique. It is a new Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (blue dial, 38mm).

I am quite happy with it, but kind of upset that I have discovered a particle hanging under the hour hand. It is either white or silver (the colour of the hands). It seems to be a piece of dust or perhaps a piece of metal that got left behind while finishing the hand. It is visible from various angles (also the normal viewing angle). Unfortunately, I can't help but notice it every time now. Please see the picture below.

IMG_8259 (1).jpeg

It bothers me and frankly, I expected the finishing of the watch to be as such that these things wouldn't be visible with the naked eye.

As I am totally new to this, though, I am wondering what others think about it. Is this acceptable for a new Omega watch or is this something that should be fixed? If so, should I ask for it to be serviced or is it better to request a replacement?

Many thanks!

Since you bought it a week ago, I'd request a replacement from your OB and not bother sending it in under warranty.

I had a similar issue when I bought my Seamaster Pro new back in 2005. After a couple of months I noticed what looked like a metal filing under the crystal at the 6 o'clock position. I took it to the Omega Service Centre in my city and they rectified it for me while I waited. All done in 30 mins. If it's just a piece of lint or a metal filing, it will be a similar fix.

Not acceptable. The Hamilton I bought last year has nothing of the sort and cost less than 1/10th the price. Take it back and ask to exchange it. It's noticeable.

Is it this?

x1445764-9c9856e28765e741d9b410259e6342f5.jpg.pagespeed.ic.ro_pgH2nHr.jpg
That's correct. It's a small piece sticking out. Other things you can see on this picture are smudges / pieces of dust on the outside by the way.

Not had this happen personally but I would definitely take it back immediately

Do raise the concern with the OB staff, and see what they offer as options.

When I purchased a very early production-run Globemaster back in 2016, a couple lume dots fell off the hour markers and stuck to the underside of the crystal. It took around 5-6 weeks, over the course 2 separate interventions, for Omega service centers in the U.S. to resolve.

The first time it was sent into the service center for removal of the speck, it came back with a bigger speck. The Tourbillon sales manager noticed it immediately upon the watch's return to the A.D., and sent it immediately back. The watch's 2nd trip to the service center was much more efficacious, and the watch was returned in immaculate condition and ran gloriously ever since.