Forums Latest Members

New OF Member from Austin, Texas! Suggestions welcomed on my first Omega!

1. Gonzo2424 Aug 20, 2019

Hello All, first let me thank everyone for the amount of resources and content already from this forum. I am glad I came across in in my research because I have already answered a lot of my own questions on it.

That said, I could use some help answering the few questions below and also welcome any feedback/suggestions from the experts here on the three watches I am torn between as my first Omega purchase. For context- I already have a black dial/bezel Tag Aquaracer that is my daily- so while I would like to get the traditional black Speedy at some point, I am focused on getting a slightly different look in my collection (which at this time really only includes the Tag and a Seiko Sea Urchin pepsi of note). It has been between these and a Rolex Datejust- but the more I look at the Omegas, the more I get wrapped up in their beauty even compared to a classic like the Datejust.

- For these watches below- do you typically have to be cautious on fakes or were they not really ever replicated as much as some of the more popular versions?

- Servicing- I've read that if the Reduced hasn't been serviced lately it will likely need one and can be expensive given the modular chronograph. Any experiences here and how much am I roughly looking

- Any suggestions on ranges based on what you have been seeing lately in the market? I have searched through the forums, eBay, eLady Mall, Bernard Watch, etc... but it's hard to tell what is reasonable vs. outrageous since these are all new to me.

Omega 3575.20
    Love the fact it has the extra complication as well as it being full-size and not the Reduced as the two that follow. Plus the white gold bezel is a nice touch and looks sharp. This picture is an actual watch I am looking at vs. the two below are stock images I found.
    3575.20.jpg

Omega 3311.20 or 375.0043 or 175.044-
    I have seen all of these model numbers associated with this similar look- are they all actually the same style just produced in different years? It's on my short list because of the gold- feel that it will give me a dressier look in the collection.
    3311.20.jpg

Omega 3310.20-
    I believe this is the oldest of the gang, and am finding it increasingly hard to find something that truly doesn't show the 30+ years in age, but the look is just flawless and sharp!

3310.20.jpg

Thanks in advance and glad to hopefully soon be part of this community!

Edited by a mod Nov 1, 2019
    charcoalx and noelekal like this.
  2. Jerseyhammer Aug 20, 2019

Afternoon from across the pond my vote goes for the Omega 3310.20- . It’s a classic Speedy with a bit more upmarket style . A great find in my view for what Its worth . Happy hunting and welcome to the OM clan

Red Ω and Gonzo2424 like this.
  3. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Aug 20, 2019

Of those, the first one by a long shot for me...

Foo2rama, cicindela, chronos and 6 others like this.
  4. noelekal Home For Wayward Watches Aug 20, 2019

Welcome to the Forum. Glad you joined.

Perhaps you would end up happier if you first went for that "traditional black Speedy" that you mentioned and lived with it and got to know it before wading into Speedmaster variants.

Just a suggestion.

I'd choose the first watch out of the ones you've presented to us.

Foo2rama, robinhook and Gonzo2424 like this.
  5. Vitezi Aug 20, 2019

6. WatchCor Aug 20, 2019

Welcome the ΩF, of these my vote goes to the Omega 3575.20

but as @noelekal suggested I would also suggest you give the classic black speedy a serious consideration.

7. Fabien Aug 20, 2019

The first one

8. AdamS Aug 20, 2019

Welcome to the forum!

Of the watches listed the, Speedmaster Professional Moonphase would be my choice. Classic speedmater professional case, manual lemania movement, blued hands, along with the added date and moonphase.

I have had mine for a while now and really enjoy it.

Moonphase 3 gooda.jpg

9. Gonzo2424 Aug 20, 2019

Thanks everyone so far!

10. leepxy Aug 20, 2019

welcome. 1st one for sure

11. Taneleer Aug 20, 2019

Definitely like the 1st one. I’m actually looking for the black faced version for my first Omega.

12. larryganz The cable guy Aug 20, 2019

Yeah, Speedmaster Pro Moonphase would be my 1st choice. Elegant but sporty with a great movement.

The second one is a model number 3311.20, and the other numbers look like case numbers not model numbers. I had an all Titanium version similar to that, with blue dial and bezel, as opposed to Ti and Gold. The 1152 caliber movement is a great movement, unlike the one in watch #3. But at 39mm it's not for large wrists.

According to a great watchmaker here, Archer, https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-speedmaster-automatic-3311-20.6924/ "The Cal. 1152 is an ETA 7750 base, and in my experience working on these over the years, the 7750 is one of the most reliable and accurate movements out there. Of course there are exceptions, but if well maintained they are great movements. Also, very easy to work on so pretty much any competent watchmaker can service this watch."

The 3rd watch has a movement that started as an ETA 2892-A with a piggyback module to add the chronograph, and is not as well respected as the 1152/1154/1162/1164 movements.

WatchCor likes this.
  13. whyboddau Aug 21, 2019

Welcome! The moonphase gets my vote!

Omega will service a chronograph complication for $750 with a 2 year warranty. They’ll charge for parts that are not ‘wear and tear’ within the movement. (is dials, crystals, links, clasps). For a first Omega, this could give some piece of mind to have the factory warranty the piece. However, there are many recommended independent watchmakers on the forum with the experience for the servicing.

Hope that helps

14. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Aug 21, 2019

15. Lazy_Lightning Aug 21, 2019

I definitely like the Omega 3575.20.

16. yande Aug 21, 2019

Watches are so personal. Hence I am not keen on white dials or gold accents.. Traditional Speedy of the ones you mentioned for me, otherwise Planet Ocean 2201.50 is my go to watch..

17. Lbreak Aug 21, 2019

Amongst the three, my vote goes to the first one too. Welcome to the forum :D

18. apsm100 applysome! Aug 21, 2019

Yep, first one.

19. Gonzo2424 Aug 22, 2019

Curious- why is that I can really only find 3575.20 in Japan resale market? Was that originally issued only in that market?

20. Screwbacks Aug 22, 2019

i just wondered why you are not including a classic speedmaster in your list. but yes, the first one is above the rest.