Forums Latest Members

New Moonwatch Owner-Question on the movement

1. Yld2rob Jan 3, 2020

I recently purchase a 3570.50 with the 1861 movement. While this is not my first Omega, it is my first one with the 1861 movement. I understand that by winding the watch 50 times, it should provide the maximum power reserve. My question is, if you wear it all the time, does the movement of your hand moving throughout the day keep you from having to wind it? or do you still have to wind it everyday no matter what to keep it running.

2. Donfiore Jan 3, 2020

As far as I know the 1861 movement is a manual wind, therefore you'll have to keep winding it manually for the watch to keep running. The movement that is charged by the movement of your hand through the day is an automatic self-winding movement.

Yld2rob likes this.
  3. vbrad26 Jan 3, 2020

You will need to wind every (approx.) 48 hours in order to keep it running. It is not an automatic movement.
    With the way I wind, I too get about 40-50 rotations from when the watch is totally dead.
    However you will definitely feel resistance once it is fully wound, so don't think you HAVE to wind it 50 times.

Tref and Yld2rob like this.
  4. Yld2rob Jan 3, 2020

Thanks for the help!

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Jan 3, 2020

Wind the watch using the crown to the point where you can’t wind it any more. The watch should be wound every day for best timekeeping results.

Cheers, Al

kroro, PhilF and Yld2rob like this.