Forums Latest Members
  1. Dogart1983 Jun 5, 2022

Hello all,
    I’ve been a big Omega fan since the late 90’s (mainly from being a Bond fan and seeing his watches from a Rolex to an Omega). My issue is I don’t own any yet. It hasn’t been till recently that my wife and I are making a comfortable salary where I’m in the position to purchase one. I plan on purchasing one as a retirement gift to myself or earlier in the next 2 years. I’m in law enforcement so the good side is I can retire early, I just CAN NOT wear it at work, that’s why I have my quartz Fossil. So now it’s just research and narrow it down to a want list of Seamaster or Speedmaster. I’m definitely going the pre owned route and have been searching the listing of Watch finder and Chrono24. Quick question, I’ve seen people reference OF as a site, what is it short for? I’m 100% confident it’s not Only Fans lol
    Jon

Snooz, 5thdvd, BAJJ and 3 others like this.
  2. Watch my Whisky Jun 5, 2022

OF is indeed OnlyFans. Not many people know this, but it’s actually got some great wrist action.

Aside from that, welcome and congratulations on the impending retirement!

Geezer, NGO1, blufinz52 and 1 other person like this.
  3. smoothsecondscom Jun 5, 2022

OF stands for omegaforums; should be the place for you if you are an omega fan. There are also plenty of omega's for sale in the sale section, typically second hand. Perhaps you'll be able to find your watch there.

Dogart1983 likes this.
  4. Dogart1983 Jun 5, 2022

That makes complete sense, thank you!

smoothsecondscom likes this.
  5. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jun 5, 2022

There's a few LEO's here, some of us retired and enjoying life. Welcome to OF. Look forward to seeing pics of your 1st Omega.

NGO1, Dogart1983 and Duracuir1 like this.
  6. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Jun 5, 2022

Welcome. OF is a good place to learn about watches and a safe place to buy and sell. I think your quest needs further refinement: late model or vintage? It really depends on how hard you will use the piece. Note that while it called Omega Forums, there are sub forums for other famous brands with a deep knowledge base and most of us are not exclusive collectors. Don’t hesitate to come here for advice before you buy. The search function works well.

Dogart1983 likes this.
  7. unxsr Jun 14, 2022

Welcome Jon and hope you find a good one! Jealous about your early retirement.

Dogart1983 likes this.
  8. OneTwo Jun 22, 2022

Welcome to the forum Jon! Hope you're able to find a good one when you're ready to purchase and as said by other members there is a bunch of great information on here regarding many brands as well as pre-owned omega knowledge. Happy searching!

Dogart1983 likes this.
  9. BarbVl Aug 1, 2022

Welcome..I will go for the Speedmaster line...

10. Assiebilancieri Aug 3, 2022

hi
    my name is Mario Balì, 43year old and i live in Italy (Napoli).
    i'am a youtube channel founder and my passion is vintage watches.
    my channel is Assiebilancieri.
    i am also a watchmaker and share on my channel watches reviews, sale, and watchmaking.
    thanks for accept my subscription request.