Forums Latest Members

New Member, Omega fan for a long time

1. DahMan Jan 17, 2021

Hello all ,
    Happy to have officially joined this forum. I have visited it often.
    I saw a great thread from Spike on why he decided to sell his new 3186 Speedy. I just wanted to verify:
    1) does the new Speedy bracelet have on the go adjustability.
    I was considering ordering this bracelet for my 1957 Broad Arrow 42mm, with Co-Axial 3313 latest rev c movement, sapphire and date, and 100meter depth, I traded my Speedy Hersalite , because the Speedy didn’t have it.
    2) if it’s on the go adjustable, can I buy from an OB

2. Alfista88 Jan 17, 2021

Welcome to the forum. The 3861 Speedy Pro bracelets do not have on-the-go, adjustable clasps.

So it carries forward the previous generation bracelet's approach of having 2 different slots on the clasp, a few millimeters away from one another. Which you'll need a tool to adjust. We also saw from Spike's posts that the final link looks a bit off, when using the outer-most adjustment slots.

There's only been a very small handful of manual-wind Speedmasters that a pusher-style, fine-adjustment clasp. The 020STZ006270 bracelet on the Apollo 17 45th Anniversary, the clasp on the Tokyo 2020 Speedmasters, the 60th Anniversary, are the only 3 that jump out in my mind. Of course, the clasp on each of those would incongruous, with the 15mm taper of the new 3861 bracelets.

3. DahMan Jan 17, 2021

it’s a shame. I changed out my clasp for the adjustable clasp, but lost the speedmaster tag,went with that My Broad Arrow, lot of work to get there,
    Thanks for the response and intel, had a Mark II it had it, was a scratch monster,

4. Darlinboy Pratts! Will I B******S!!! Jan 17, 2021

Post photos and get an avatar... until then, you ain’t “dah man”. :whipped:

Oh, and welcome to OF! ;)

5. DahMan Jan 17, 2021

Ok,Avitar I take it, is the postage stamp. I hope I can post photos, had a tuff time on TRF

6. DahMan Jan 17, 2021

Can you order the model bracelet you mentioned above