Forums Latest Members
  1. rcroane Jan 2, 2022

Hello everyone....I'm new to this group. I inherited this watch from my father. I believe my mother gave it to him when they were married in 1952. It's nothing fancy but it means a lot to me so I just had it restored by Omega in Switzerland. Just wondering if you can confirm the time period that I think it's from...and is there a model number associated with it? As an aside, my dad wore this watch during his entire 35 year career as a US Naval Officer....having served in Korea and Vietnam. He retired as a Rear Admiral in 1987. Thanks for any info you can provide.

IMG_1033.jpeg

2. SkunkPrince Jan 2, 2022

I'm surprised that Omega did not refinish the dial again unless you said no? If you want to get more information, check your paperwork from Omega, it should have case number and serial number (I hope)! With that information, more help can be given.

sleepyastronaut and DaveK like this.
  3. rcroane Jan 3, 2022

I didn't receive any paperwork from Omega when the watch was returned and I didn't give any instructions on what work to do. I did not deal with Omega directly...it was handled through our jewelry store.

Curious as to your comment about the face. It looks really nice to me. Unfortunately, I didn't take any "before" pictures, but I'm almost positive the face did not look this nice when I sent it in.

4. Davidt Jan 3, 2022

If you didn’t receive any service paperwork I’d suggest it wasn’t serviced by Omega but by a local watchmaker.

5. SkunkPrince Jan 3, 2022

That's because whoever did the work refinished it and it wasn't Omega.

TheGreekPhysique likes this.
  6. Dan S Jan 3, 2022

Great heirloom to have from your father, I hope you will enjoy it!

Regarding the condition of the watch, it's too bad you don't have a before photo. That would help us better understand the history. It's possible that the dial was repainted a long time ago. However, the quality of the refinishing is not what one would see from Omega. And the fact that you didn't receive paperwork also suggests that the watch did not go to Omega. You would have received a detailed report as well as an Omega warranty.

7. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Jan 3, 2022

My advice, for what it's worth, is to wear it and enjoy it. Who cares if the dial has been refinished or not? You only ever have one father FFS.

watchyouwant, UWG and rcroane like this.
  8. rcroane Jan 3, 2022

9. Dan S Jan 3, 2022

If they really sent it to Switzerland, then you should ask them for the paperwork and warranty for your records. There was another thread recently where a dealer claimed to send a watch to Omega but apparently did not.
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-us-questions.140503/

Regardless, as long as the watch was properly serviced, there should be no problem wearing and enjoying the watch. Just make certain that you have a warranty in writing. Omega would give a two-year warranty IIRC. In my experience, it's not uncommon for issues to arise with old watches, so hopefully the jeweler will stand behind their work.

10. rcroane Jan 3, 2022

Thanks. I will contact the jeweler tomorrow and request all the paperwork.