Forums Latest Members

New member Omega Flightmaster first gen

1. Toddackerman Apr 26, 2019

i have a FM. missing 1 crown big old tank style. i was needing to sell it. but in light of the scamming here i am 199 post short of selling it.but would like a ny and all advice you can give on this item.guess i but back on ebay for a year again. just want to get my truck fixed. so here take alook.

IMG_0407[1].JPG IMG_0408[1].JPG IMG_0421[1].JPG IMG_0419[1].JPG IMG_0420[1].JPG
  2. cristos71 Apr 26, 2019

Looks like a fair bit of corrosion going on there at the dial side of your watch, I'd guess it has had water ingress at some point.

I'd say it's a project watch at best and will need a lot spending on it to get it up to anywhere near presentable for a collector.

Your best bet if you want to sell it is to put it on EBay with no reserve. My estimate is €800-€1200

Toddackerman likes this.
  3. tyrantlizardrex Apr 27, 2019

Welcome to the forum @Toddackerman,

You have a 145.026, which is the second generation of the Omega flightmaster, with a 911 calibre movement inside.

I'm in 100% agreement with @cristos71 about the water ingress (not a pretty sight), and I think his estimate is fair too.

For some context:

1 - Good, correct, examples typically sell for between £2250 and £3250 (despite dealers, and optimistic folk asking much more).

2 - OK examples typically sell for between £1200 and £1800 (and some of us have got lucky and picked up really nice watches in this price bracket too).

3 - Rough/Parts watches rarely seem to come up for sale - what you have falls into this category, and requires someone who's looking for a project/has access to parts.

For some further context/information around point 3:

a) - A full service from an Omega Authorised Service Centre here in the UK (Swiss Time Services who I have used in the past for two flightmaster services), runs to +/-£500 - this includes a full new set of crowns and pushers, and a new crystal.

b) - On top of what is included in a normal service, and given the condition they are in, I think the watch would benefit from a new/good used dial, handset, and bezel... which is going to add several £hundred to any work that needs doing.

Putting on eBay with a £1/$1/€1 start price, and no reserve is probably the best route if you'd like to move it along - just be aware that you'll get exactly what someone is prepared to pay, and they'll be paying that price, knowing that it's an expensive fix.

Good luck.

Toddackerman and SpeedyPhill like this.
  4. 77deluxe Apr 27, 2019

That watch is going to require a lot of work. eBay is a decent way to get FMV quickly.

Toddackerman likes this.
  5. Toddackerman Apr 28, 2019

Thank you for all the info. Well not what i wanted to hear. Sad part is i have a Croton in same condition. If any of you guys want it let me know. willing to send before payment.
    have to be a 2 yr pay-pal member with positive feedback

6. tyrantlizardrex Apr 30, 2019

Hey @Toddackerman - I checked in with the ever helpful Kieran at Swiss Time Services, and for a full service, full set of crowns and pushers, inner bezel, crystal, dial, and handset, you'd be on the receiving end of a £1184 invoice.

Some serious outlay, unless someone out there has a stash of used parts that can be put into service, and is able to fix the watch themselves.

I genuinely think that eBay will be your best option.

Toddackerman likes this.
  7. Toddackerman Apr 30, 2019

wow $1300+ USD :( stop with all the good news your killing me. lol you are right Ebay is the best way. going to set up a ebay page for this. going to post link here. if any member wants this watch let me know. we will do it threw ebay so u guys feel better about it.

8. tyrantlizardrex Apr 30, 2019

With today's exchange rate $1544... not for the faint hearted.

Toddackerman likes this.
  9. Toddackerman Apr 30, 2019

:whipped: found book for it lastnight too.

10. tyrantlizardrex May 7, 2019

Looks like I'm taking on a project... ::shy::

AveConscientia likes this.