Forums Latest Members

New member looking for advice in Vancouver, B.C.

1. MemphisR Dec 4, 2019

Hello All,

This is my first day as a member, and my first post. I'm looking at purchasing a Seamaster 300 2531.80. I've been looking to find a location where I can have the watch authenticated. What I'm trying to ask is if there is anyone on this forum that lives/lived in the Greater Vancouver area that can recommend a place to have the watch looked at.

Thanks for reading,
    Memphis

2. funkright Dec 4, 2019

There’s an Omega boutique in The Hotel Vancouver. There’s Time & Gold on W Georgia. They may charge a minor fee to check it out, just give them a quick call first. Both are very helpful.

DaveK and MemphisR like this.
  3. Canuck Dec 4, 2019

How to distinguish between an original Omega Seamaster 300, and a Watchco Seamaster 300. Perhaps @MemphisR might like to know.

4. MemphisR Dec 5, 2019

I'm looking at the stereo typical Seamaster and I'm just looking for a location that is popular and would be a trusted watch vender/maker among seasoned watch collectors. This will be my first luxury watch purchase, therefore I am only starting to look for places to verify a watch. Just trying to do things 'by the book' if you will.

Thank you for responding,
    Memphis

5. MemphisR Dec 5, 2019

Have you dealt with either location? I am aware of both of those stores, but I was more hoping to find a recommended place to have a watch inspected.

Thanks for your time,
    Memphis

6. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 5, 2019

Post a few pictures here. Can’t get better than the collective knowledge of members here. ;)

7. MemphisR Dec 5, 2019

There is only one solid picture of the watch, which is part of the reason I want it inspected. But if you really want to see it, I suppose I can do that.

Thanks,
    Memphis

8. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 5, 2019

Show us.

DaveK likes this.
  9. MemphisR Dec 5, 2019

Here it is. If this matters, he also said that the most recent service receipt will be included which was done only a couple months ago.

01010_5qhJ4ZCQIXy_1200x900.jpg
  10. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Dec 5, 2019

Looks OK, receipt adds a bit of cred that it’s correct if it’s from Omega :thumbsup:

MemphisR likes this.
  11. funkright Dec 5, 2019

There's also "It's About Time" about time in Langley. Great guy. Omega certified horologist. Have used and referred to him many times. All the best. The watch looks ok to me, but like the other member said, the receipt adds weight. Anyone locally looking to sell a watch for 1000$+ should have no excuse for not working with you to provide buyer confidence.

MemphisR likes this.
  12. MemphisR Dec 6, 2019

Thanks for the recommendation. The seller is more than happy to meet me somewhere to have it looked at, I just didn't want to take it to the same place he services the watch. Just so I get an unbiased opinion.

Memphis

13. Vanallard Dec 6, 2019

Otto Friedl will do an inspection and verbal authentication for $20, full appraisal for $75.