New Member - joining Feb. 14 2023 - needs a new watch

Today received confirmation of a new member, expected to join Feb. 14, 2023. Biological gender of new member unknown, as yet.

Jokes aside: a new baby is on its way. (Relevance to this forum, below.)

This will be my third (presently have two boys, a 4yo and 2yo). When the next one is born, I’ll be 45 years old. Happy as a clam (and a little tired already).

Relevance to OF is mostly that for each of the prior kids, I’ve bought a momentous (and brand new) watch to both mark the occasion and also one day serve as a (hopeful) heirloom for that kid. For each, the watch was not only new but also models released near to and purchased within a few months of their birthdays. The oldest, born March 2018, got a SS SkyDweller purchased by me on Jan 1, 2018, and brought to market only a few months before. The youngest (for now), born Oct. 2019, got the NEW321 purchased by me just a few months later on Jan 7, 2019 (though not actually received by me until Dec. 26, 2019!).

Which is all background to say: makes me wonder about these rumors around interesting Omega releases coming later in the year?

😀 Congratulations on the prospective new reference - said to be a stunning creative collaboration, hoho! We'll be looking forward to photos, mind!

I heard Richard Mille just dropped a banger…

Congratulations! Are you certain it’s not twins?!

Congrats! You know, the MoonSwatch is the hottest watch of the year 😉 ::stirthepot::

(In all seriousness, the new terra cotta AT is pretty cool but I’d also hold off until Omega makes any further announcements.)

I don't have a recommendation but I just wanted to say, congratulations my friend!

(giving this some thoughts)

I don't think you'll repeat Rolex or Omega for #3. Seems like you went with best-of for your first two. It's safe to assume Rolex and Omega continue to stay top tiers next two decades.

Your first two picks will most likely appreciate. I almost want to recommend Vacheron, but they fall flat in the long run. AP just released 37mm and 41mm ROs. They are a bit vanilla compared to SD and NEW321, but that sweet bracelet makes up for lack of complications. I'll have to say AP RO 37mm (wears like 39mm), it's unisex and timeless. Congratulations.

Congrats!
I think it was @STANDY that dropped a mysterious post saying that there was something good coming between now and Christmas from Omega.

The big question (for me anyways) is what direction to go if you are having a little girl? Do you get something a bit smaller in that case, that she may wear one day? Not that a woman can’t pull off a big watch, but many prefer not to.

I will suggest a nice JLC Master Control Calendar as a nice addition to the 2 you have….. the blue limited edition is really nice if you can find it. An ultra thin Moon is nice too IMO.

I want one (MCC) so that drives the suggestion a bit 😀

AP just released 37mm and 41mm ROs. They are a bit vanilla compared to SD and NEW321, but that sweet bracelet makes up for lack of complications. I'll have to say AP RO 37mm (wears like 39mm), it's unisex and timeless.

If I could get my hands on a silver dialed 37mm RO at MSRP, it just might do (more than) the trick!

Thanks all for the kind words. It’s the ultimate “incoming”

If I could get my hands on a silver dialed 37mm RO at MSRP”

Highly likely. Silver 37mm allocated to first timers very often.

A few things to note: 1) AP dedicates 20% of production to newcomers who can ensure they won’t flip. 2) they want to reach more women.

Make a trip to your AP boutique with Mrs cValue13 and tell them she wants the 37 silver for your #3. They will “interview” you both. Your professions and current collection play an important role in allocation of the 37 RO.

It’s very obtainable. If you have any specific question, feel free to DM me.
#APfor#3
Edited:

Make a trip to your AP boutique with Mrs cValue13 and tell them she wants the 37 silver for your #3. They will “interview” you both.

really appreciate the insight.

though, this last suggestion is a dangerous game as my wife may walk out with my RO!

Congratulations! I don’t have any watch recommendations but I look forward to reading about what you decide on!

A very happy Valentine's Day is coming. Perfect timing 😉.
Congratulations!