Forums Latest Members
  1. Scooterino36 Aug 3, 2020

Hi all. Been lurking for a while and finally created a member profile. Figured it's a good time to post an intro.
    Im in my mid 30's. I'm from New England and work in financial consulting based out of New York City.

Watches shifted from a lifelong interest into an all out obsession about 5 years ago, when I purchased my first manual wind Hamilton khaki mechanical. Like many other areas of interest, I tend to focus on a few brands that I really like. The beginning half of my collecting focused mainly on Hamilton and Junghans models. Around 2018, I focused my attention on Omega and unexpectedly purchased my Speedmaster hesalite while traveling in England. I've been a loyal Omega fan ever since, and the collection has expanded to include a SMPc flat dial, vintage Seamaster and a Seamaster 300 MC. I have since sold my other watches, and my collection consists of the 4 aforementioned Omega models.

I currently have no targets, as the 4-watch collection seems to suit my needs. If I was to make a change, I would likely replace my Seamaster 300MC (wears slightly larger than preferred) with the new Aqua Terra forest green dial. At this juncture, I am mainly focused on enjoying the ownership experience and following the industry.

Thanks for your time!

Scott

30t1, allwoundup, OmegaP99 and 2 others like this.
  2. JwRosenthal Aug 3, 2020

Welcome Scott! Very nice introduction, you already made an avatar, so you are off to a good start.
    You did forget one thing....we need pics.

DaveK likes this.
  3. Scooterino36 Aug 3, 2020

Collection for reference!

20200725_070714 (1).jpg
    30t1, Syrte, SpikiSpikester and 8 others like this.
  4. JwRosenthal Aug 3, 2020

Well, you’re not dicking around.

5. Walrus Aug 5, 2020

Welcome great avatar. The true dynasty team. Nice collection and since you are a financial dude when you see us blathering idiots in the stock guru thread please feel free to straighten us out. I grew up outside of Boston and my father used to bring me to the old garden it was wicked pissa

Scooterino36 likes this.
  6. Scooterino36 Aug 5, 2020

Hoping to see these pop up in the preowned market sometime soon!

7. Scooterino36 Aug 5, 2020

I brought my nephew to his first Celtics game last year, man do I miss going to the Garden (the new one that is)

Walrus likes this.
  8. RonJ Aug 5, 2020

Welcome to the forum.

You probably don't want to start looking at this web page, but it is all the Limted Edition Speedmasters.

You can curse me later when you decide you want to add one of these to your collection.

https://watchbase.com/omega/speedmaster?sort=release

Different colors, different features, limited production runs, what's not to like? :)

Scooterino36 likes this.
  9. Walrus Aug 5, 2020

Yes I’ve been to the new one as well

10. Scooterino36 Aug 6, 2020

What are your thoughts on the Apollo 17 45th anniversary? Even once in a while I'm tempted to sell my collection and have an Apollo 17 as my sole watch.

11. Scooterino36 Aug 7, 2020

Works out since I'm on a self imposed no buy/sell/trade until 2021 at the earliest.

12. gbesq Aug 7, 2020

Welcome, Scott. Nice collection, but you need to add at least one vintage Constellation. We here at OF take great pride in being prolific spenders of other people’s money in addition to our own. You’re not married, are you? If so, you need to start learning how to lie and hide things. :)

13. Scooterino36 Aug 7, 2020

Funny you say that, I was thinking about swapping my vintage Seamaster for a Constellation, but alas I need to stick to my moratorium for the time being.

LMAO I am indeed married. I'm good at intercepting the FedEx guy before he rings the bell. She may not notice a new strap or two, but she's got a keen eye for any new watches.

OmegaP99 likes this.
  14. gbesq Aug 7, 2020

Most of my collection is comprised of Omegas on stainless steel bracelets. So when my other half asks me “Is that new?” I simply answer “Oh, no, honey, you’ve seen this one before.” I KNOW that she’s doing the same thing to me with her shoe collection.

OmegaP99 and Scooterino36 like this.
  15. Scooterino36 Aug 7, 2020

1. I acquired the SM 300MC this year, so I have more than enough watches at the moment to keep me happy (I dont love having too big of a collection in general).

2. I have some financial savings milestones over the next 5 years that I want to hit. I'd rather hit those milestones first/ahead of schedule before splurging on another watch.

3. My wife will be completing her Masters later this year, and the next watch purchase will be for her to commemorate the achievement (its somewhat of a surprise but ive hinted at it when watch ogling during weekend mall trips). She really loves the Cartier Tank Solo. I was pushing her towards an Omega, but honestly I think the women's line is too over the top and not as subtle as the classic Tank.

4. Edit: adding that I dont want to flip my vintage until at least next year if at all, just want to cool off with the acquisition mindset in general

Syrte likes this.
  16. Syrte MWR Tech Support Dept Aug 7, 2020

@Scooterino36 welcome to the forum and congrats on having your priorities straight!

Scooterino36 likes this.
  17. OmegaP99 Aug 7, 2020

Truly a classic, and it will age better over the years I'm sure, whereas some women's (and men's) Omega pieces do look dated as tastes change.

Scooterino36 and Syrte like this.