New member from Wales

Hello all.

I’m Chris and I’ve recently joined the forum. I’m a total noob (whatever that means) and enjoying reading the wealth of information you’re all contributing.

I haven’t owned a watch for the last 35 years or more and at the age of 72 decided it’s about time I bought one!!

I’m looking to buy a vintage chronograph so at the moment I’m trying to find out as much as possible about the Seamaster / De Ville 145.018.

I don’t have any photos of watches to post so instead here’s my 1972 Gilbern Invader mk3. Not quite as old as me but probably older than the majority of you.

upload_2024-1-28_14-27-44.jpeg

if you Google that reference number and Fratello watches you’ll come up with an interesting article. Welcome to the forum. I like your car. And I like Wales. I was there once for golf trip and it was only tricky because there were so few vowels.

Welcome! Best of luck on your watch search and nice ride!

Hi Chis, lots of car interest on here too.
You may have wasted 35 years but you still have time to build a good collection…one is never enough!
Welcome from Wiltshire.

P.S. forgot to ask, rugby fan?😉

Welcome mate, looking forward to seeing you find that chronograph

Hello all.

I’m Chris and I’ve recently joined the forum. I’m a total noob (whatever that means) and enjoying reading the wealth of information you’re all contributing.

I haven’t owned a watch for the last 35 years or more and at the age of 72 decided it’s about time I bought one!!

I’m looking to buy a vintage chronograph so at the moment I’m trying to find out as much as possible about the Seamaster / De Ville 145.018.

I don’t have any photos of watches to post so instead here’s my 1972 Gilbern Invader mk3. Not quite as old as me but probably older than the majority of you.

upload_2024-1-28_14-27-44.jpeg
The early 70s were a golden age for cars and watches. You are welcomed.

Croeso i'r fforwm Chris & car hyfryd . Fellow Welshman here ,though now living in England .

Welcome to the forum, and enjoy your stay. It is never too late to start something which gives you happiness and satisfaction. We are at the age of what we feel, how we feel. After quitting the watch world for 6 years I am back to this watch mania world. It makes me happy and excited each time I receive a box with a new (to me) timepiece, and whenever I visit the watch forums. And of course the more we learn, we realize how little we know.