Forums Latest Members
  1. Trekknorth Nov 4, 2019

Well, I thought I'd introduce myself here before asking any questions. I have been keen on buying a Seamaster Planet Ocean for a while now but have never gone beyond spending hours looking at various watches then convincing myself I dont need it. That was fine until today.

My colleague just purchased one and now I need one. I work as a commercial diver so I am surrounded by people with luxury watches, it's time to join the crew. I will likely make a purchase at the end of the week and will be asking questions about various dealers I'm sure.

Hopefully there is a wealth of knowledge within this forum.

2. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Nov 4, 2019

Welcome and more knowledge on this forum than you can shake a stick at, enjoy :thumbsup:

DaveK and Trekknorth like this.
  3. Trekknorth Nov 4, 2019

Where would I post an enquiry about the reputation of a watch dealer? I put a post in one section, but I get the feeling that is just for forum seller reviews.

4. SouthernScot Nov 4, 2019

Hi and welcome to the forum enjoy your time here, great place for all sorts of information!

Where abouts are you?

5. Trekknorth Nov 4, 2019

Many thanks, I'm based up in the Orkney Islands at the moment with work, but try and get across to the mainland at least once a month to get my fix of everything I miss

6. SouthernScot Nov 4, 2019

Lucky you!! I grew up in Thurso, my bedroom window looked across the bay to Hoy. I left more years ago than I care to remember and haven’t been back for many years.
    Living in the south of England now.

7. Trekknorth Nov 4, 2019

That is a grand view to wake up to for sure. The Hoy hills look spectacular in any weather, as long as you can see them.

SouthernScot likes this.