New Member, can you help indentify this Omega?

Hello everyone! I've been trying to find something that even looks close to this watch online, and I haven't been able to. I might try to sell it, but I'd like to have at least an idea of it's worth first. I hope you can see the pic clearly. Picnik collage.jpg Any help is much appreciated!

Hello everyone! I've been trying to find something that even looks close to this watch online, and I haven't been able to. I might try to sell it, but I'd like to have at least an idea of it's worth first. I hope you can see the pic clearly. Picnik collage.jpg Any help is much appreciated!

Here's the best information I can give you, it does look like a real vintage Omega, and the condition looks ok. The problems you have are the following:

Its a ladies watch, and ladies don't like vintage watches in general.
Ladies watches also come and go out of style rapidly, as this has, it looks like an old-lady watch.
It probably would cost more to service than its worth.
14kt Gold in that small a quantity is not worth a great deal, it really is a tiny amount.

Your best bet is to try putting on ebay as a no reserve auction or something similar but do not get your hopes up, even in good condition, you're looking at a very limited market with almost no demand. There are a lot of these still around, and because ladies watches, particularly manual winds like this were not worn frequently and spent the vast majority of their lives in jewellery boxes, most have survived well.

Thank you dsio, for your prompt reply, and your willingness to share your knowledge. I'm disappointed, but at least now I have an idea of what this piece might be worth. And I've learned alot..I had no idea that Omega watches were so collectable and desired. I might try ebay, if the mood strikes me. But I might just hang onto it for a bit longer. You never know when something might be in demand more? Has that always been the case, with ladies watches, that women don't like vintage watches as much as men? That's a shame really. It might look like an old lady's watch, but it really is pretty.

Thank you dsio, for your prompt reply, and your willingness to share your knowledge. I'm disappointed, but at least now I have an idea of what this piece might be worth. And I've learned alot..I had no idea that Omega watches were so collectable and desired. I might try ebay, if the mood strikes me. But I might just hang onto it for a bit longer. You never know when something might be in demand more? Has that always been the case, with ladies watches, that women don't like vintage watches as much as men? That's a shame really. It might look like an old lady's watch, but it really is pretty.

I'll tell you something... don't treat it as gospel, its just a view lol

Ladies don't care about watches. That's the starting point, a watch is just another piece of jewellery, and back in the old days, before Quartz, mechanicals were the only option. Ladies don't wear these kinds of watches (or any high end watch) daily, they wear them on special occasions. Quartz modern watches are ideal for that, old mechanical watches that need to be wound up and set every time you use them are a pain.

Now the next thing is that ladies often don't buy watches. Men buy watches for them or they receive them as gifts, and something I learned from both of my sisters is that they don't want pre-owned, they want new (tends to be the same with cars oddly enough). Men tend to buy their own watches, and want the BEST watch they can buy for X amount of money.

And yea, ladies also want watches that match clothes, that go with outfits or handbags. Spending $80 on a quartz jewellery watch is perfect for that, a vintage Omega is not. Now that isn't to say ladies shouldn't wear vintage, there are quite a few ladies that wear vintage mens watches like Rolex Submariners and Daytonas, and they look incredible on a lady. Its just that these ladies specific models have dated badly and simply aren't cool.

As for Omegas in general, whether new or vintage, mens Omegas are always cool, the variety is astonishing, and you will find cool history and unique items anywhere.