Forums Latest Members

New Hodinkee Writeup on the X-33

1. JohnnyRocket Nov 19, 2019

Out of all the electric Speedys I would have to say that the Gen 2 really does have the brightest back light. It is astonishing how bright it is. The Skywalker is much dimmer in comparison. The red led display on the Z... depends on the ambient light present. It shows very bright on very Sunny background. This of course reflects in its purpose on an aircraft flight deck. Lots of bright unfiltered sunlight
    Above the cloud deck. Easy to read.

2. mgnfire Jan 23, 2020

Hi, I like the X-33 Sky Walker, it seemed to encapsulate everything I wanted in a 'working' watch. The problem was, it was very difficult to see and handle 'in-the-flesh'. Local AD could not even get hold of one and seemed rather disinterested in the model. Anti Quartz Snobbery? Not sure, I just don't think they 'rated' the watch. I'd also read that the display, in most lights, is difficult to see without using the back light?

Purchased a Breitling B55 Night Mission and actually find even here that there are one or design-over-function shortcomings. Possibly a waste of time showing photos I guess as the Breitling fairly widespread. Just that I didn't get on with the original Breitling strap - has a will of its own - purchased a few 24mm NATO straps that I get on well with.

B55 Ash Grey strap 01-Crop.jpg Front Dec18.jpg
    KingCrouchy likes this.