Forums Latest Members
  1. khanmu Sep 11, 2019

Apologies if there is a thread on this already... I opened my eBay mail inbox, and there was this message for a watch I’m selling:

D5F7D0DE-B5BF-4F84-87E1-CF2178F062A7.jpeg

Didn’t look too closely and was going to reply (on eBay and not to the gmail address)... and then a few messages down - was this one:

96B2B1C1-8D6F-425D-A272-BA136C501EAA.jpeg

So, of course I then noticed zero feedback, same message wording etc - so can only guess it’s hacked accounts and trying to lull you into a false sense of security as it has come via eBay. Both reported, but I guess - follow ebay rules and stay safe out there folks!

Deafboy likes this.
  2. Rodsch Sep 11, 2019

i had the same couple of times over the last weeks. They want you to send more pics etc...
    Also reported to ebay but i think they will be still out there...

3. rkman11 Sep 11, 2019

Either a scam or an attempt to gather email addresses for spam... either way a scam as far as I’m concerned.

4. saulgoodman Sep 11, 2019

eBay is truly caveat emptor territory. I have seen a Rolex GMT Pepsi watch listed at $1000 "buy it now", and by the time it was reported some poor schmuck had already purchased it. Hopefully, the money did not change hands! I only buy high dollar items from 100% feedback sellers with a significant number of transactions. I block all potential buyers with non-payment issues or poor feedback ratings. Sure, it limits the pool of sellers and buyers, but who wants to deal with the scammers?

JwRosenthal likes this.
  5. pIoNeErOfThEnILe Sep 11, 2019

email harvesters invade ebay.

much like the ever popular craigslist broken engrish version..."is item available"

6. Wryfox Sep 11, 2019

The ONLY people I have had problems with over the years were those under 10 feedback. There's a reason there is a whole section of advice on ebay about low feedback, re both sellers and buyers. Sometimes they are scammers, but actually most of the time its just people who don't understand how to use ebay. They either don't represent their item properly(VERY common with foreign sellers), or they don't understand what they are buying.