Forums Latest Members
  1. Peter_from_NL Dec 5, 2019

Hello all,

Is there any way I would be able to get a new dial somewhere for a 2531.80. This because of complete fading of the dots. I do not want to relume. Would like to replace the dial and keep the old one so there will always be a full original set in the future.

I looked on eBay. I looked at te ofrei site. Could not find anything.

Thanks!

2. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 5, 2019

I suppose you could ask Omega/Swatch to do a dial replacement as part of a full service. You will have to pay their prices, but should get the old dial (and any other bits and bobs that get replaced) back. If you are in the UK, STS, Simon Freese or another OF recommended watchmaker might be an avenue to explore.

3. Peter_from_NL Dec 5, 2019

Yep. Thanks. I kind of assumed this would be expensive. And they never sell the dial alone. No market out there for dials only?

4. Mouse_at_Large still immune to Speedmaster attraction Dec 5, 2019

I'm not an expert in this model, but I'd suspect that for the lume to have become inert or significantly degraded, it's tritium based. Any replacement dial you find is more than likely going to be superluminova and that will be a certainty if Omega/Swatch replace it. Personally, if cost was no object, I'd give it the full service treatment. You'll get the watch back looking like new, with functional lume and a guarantee.

Some people like the yellowed/faded/degraded tritium look, but it does nothing for me.

5. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Dec 5, 2019

I'm sure there's a market for the dials, but no dials for the market. Omega stopped selling parts to third party resellers like the ones you mentioned at the end of 2015, so the stocks are getting depleted.

If you don't want to send the watch to Omega, but want a dial swap, then find yourself a watchmaker with an Omega parts account, and see if they will order in a new dial and swap it for you, without doing a full service.

Cheers, Al

6. Peter_from_NL Dec 6, 2019

Thanks!

If I see a watchmaker that says “certified watch maker” I guess that would be one? Up to now (new to this hobby) I only dealt with an Omega dealer and everything there which goes more to the “hobby side” is either impossible or bloody expensive....

BTW, I am in the Netherlands!

7. YY77 Dec 6, 2019