Forums Latest Members
  1. Wetworks Feb 12, 2019

So, a GMT (and this one in particular) has been on the short-list for quite awhile, and this deal was too good to pass up. Like Jeremy, I was tired of waiting on a Tudor and I've lusted after this model since it was released. Happy to join!!!

[​IMG]

superfly, Bushido and Baz9614 like this.
  2. JeremyS Feb 12, 2019

Wohoo!! Looks great on your wrist, and congratulations. I was worried it would be too thick, but the case back seems to settle in the wrist a little and it fits great. I think Omega overpriced these a bit when they first came out, which is a shame because they’re great watches.

These were never popular enough to have a nickname, but I think we should call them the “orca” given their size and coloration. Hope to see some more posted!

Edited Feb 12, 2019
    Wetworks likes this.
  3. Wetworks Feb 12, 2019

Thanks, and I agree with everything you've said about it, part of the reason I became so convicted in my pursuit to get one. 'Orca' works for me, but I think it also applies to another watch/model. I've been calling it 'S&P' for 'salt and pepper.' :D

4. JeremyS Feb 12, 2019

Haha—I like that, too.

Wetworks likes this.
  5. dinexus Feb 12, 2019

Funny, I've also heard it called 'cookies and cream' or 'Oreo' as well.

6. Wetworks Feb 12, 2019

Orca is the one that makes a lot of sense since there's an ocean tie-in. Oreo is the one I am most familiar with, guess I will stick with the established known for now. Plus they're delicious.

7. JeremyS Feb 13, 2019

I like Oreo...more like a double stuffed Oreo. Anyone get it on the strap? I’m curious how the leather insert holds up. It might be a nice option to have.

8. Wetworks Feb 13, 2019

I went ahead and ordered the OEM NATO with white stripe. I think it'll look great and I'll be sure to post pics when I get it.

I will ask about the strap when I go to the boutique in a month or so.

9. JeremyS Feb 13, 2019

I’ll be interested to hear how th NATO works out. I’m particularly interested to know whether it makes the watch stick out appreciably.

Wetworks likes this.
  10. rhenriksen Feb 13, 2019

I bought a previous gen PO GMT because the black & white bezel left me cold. Orca is a great nickname, though, and a black & white NATO strap sounds like a great idea.

11. Wetworks Feb 13, 2019

I went ahead and tried the NATO out, overall look is exactly what I was going for. Didn't have the phone handy and I am still in bracelet mode, so no pics, sorry.

I don't think it made the watch rise off the wrist too badly, but it definitely did, and not for the reason you may think. The strap is thin, but the angle of it as it exits the springbar is more traditional (linear?), so the lugs don't settle down on the wrist the way the removable end links make them. Really a great piece of engineering those end links. A lot of the case is exposed with the NATO in their place, so perceived rise off the wrist may be even greater.

12. tgcarl Feb 15, 2019

Size was always a concern of mne. Many commented on cuff link compatibility etc.
    However if the GMT has no difference size wise to the regular PO I wouldn't worry.
    I wear mine at home just to look at it & at weekends on Conferences with Omega Cuff Links & suit no problem at all. I considered changing it once, thankfully I didn't.

B5FEAD42-1130-49EA-831E-F96DC17B537C.jpeg
  13. JeremyS Feb 15, 2019

I’ve always liked the splash of orange in that version. The GMT is almost exactly 1mm thicker than the planet ocean, which isn’t a make-or-break deal for me. Here are a few more pics to show the thickness...hopefully:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kim and Wetworks like this.
  14. jobaoneill Feb 15, 2019

Love it! What year is that OP?

Wetworks likes this.
  15. tgcarl Feb 15, 2019

That looks same thickness, I certainly can tell no difference, so I wouldn't be worrying about it. When I thought of selling mne I put it on eBay. The amount of interest alone tells me how desirable & yours is up another step, looks terrific. I love the half & half bezel, stunning watch.

16. watchesandcoffee Mar 3, 2019

Watch a beautiful watch. On one picture the black is almost dark blue! Wonderful!!! Enjoy.

17. kangajack Mar 3, 2019

I'd prefer Omega over Tudor in every category. Beautiful watch!

Elitr6 likes this.
  18. nttisch23 Mar 3, 2019

What a gorgeous PO! I can honestly say I’ve never seen that bezel. Superb :thumbsup:

19. Royal68 Mar 7, 2019

Very unique choice of color! Don’t see that spec everyday.

20. fskywalker Mar 7, 2019

Congrats! Beautiful watch, but too thick for my taste (tried it at my OB)

Edited Mar 10, 2019