Forums Latest Members
  1. JeremyS Jan 31, 2019

Thanks to another member, I recently picked up another Omega at a great price, and my first GMT (sorry Tudor; got tired of waiting). The Planet Ocean GMT (2016) is a Master Chronometer with the 8906 movement. There's no getting around the fact this is a big watch.

[​IMG]

However, Omega uses a few tricks to keep it manageable, even on a flat 6.7' wrist. First, the back of the watch is a bit thinner than the previous version, and it tends to sink into the wrist. Second, Omega wisely shortened the lugs. Despite it's 43.5mm size, this watch has a lug-to-lug distance that's equal to the Tudor Black Bay at 50mm. In fact, it's the same lug-to-lug distance as the new Seamaster Pro. Fits nicely under the cuff, unless you wear very tight, fitted shirts.

[​IMG]

The black dial is ceramic ZrO2, as discreetly noted on the dial.

[​IMG]

It uses the same clasp as the regular Planet Ocean divers' watches, which smartly extends and retracts at the push of a button.

[​IMG]

This is a great watch, and the service was superb!! Truly, less than gray, but still an AD. I have no affiliation with the seller, but hit me up if you want some contact info. There are a number of other Planet Oceans, including ceramics and chronographs.

Kim, jankymutt, JustChris and 19 others like this.
  2. BradleyJ. Jan 31, 2019

I really like the look of that watch. It's a strong contender for my next purchase but I just got another Omega so I gatta wait a little longer. My Seiko GMT is definitely on the chooping block though Haha

jobaoneill and OmegaRookie like this.
  3. OmegaRookie Jan 31, 2019

Congratulations!! Nice watch. Wear it and forget about what everyone else says about size. If it’s comfortable, you’ll forget you’re wearing it. :thumbsup:

4. 8100_RPM Jan 31, 2019

Congratulations on your new PO GMT! It is a gorgeous watch. Wear it in good health.

5. Bushido Jan 31, 2019

Congrats on the gorgeous new PO!

6. Wetworks Feb 1, 2019

Wonderful piece, congratulations!!!

7. Neek U-neek. Get it? Feb 1, 2019

I have one in titanium with a blue dial that I wear as my daily. Totally agree that it wears much smaller than one would think the 43.5mm case would. Especially in Ti. Wear it well!

BC41E43F-A31A-4A3A-B3E2-5A96BC6CBBA5.jpeg
    Wetworks likes this.
  8. JeremyS Feb 1, 2019

Gorgeous! My Planet Ocean MC is the same color, but in SS. I love the way Omega does blue. It’s sort of their signature color.

How’s the rate on yours? I find mine to be a little slow in daily wear, though I’ve only had it running for a little over 24hrs. I notice the same thing with my Constellation Day-Date. I wonder if the extra complication on both movements has neutrino to do with it.

9. Neek U-neek. Get it? Feb 1, 2019

I have had it on a winder or my wrist for about 3 months, and it's still spot on.

10. WatchShopping Feb 1, 2019

Very nice watch. One of my favorites!

11. albertob Feb 1, 2019

Congrats
    Wear it in good health!

12. dinexus Feb 3, 2019

This is/was one of my favorite watches I've ever owned – just couldn't get the height to sit quite right on my wrist. Glad you're enjoying yours.

13. JeremyS Feb 3, 2019

Yeah, it takes some adjustment. I might see about sourcing the strap and deployant clasp at some point.

14. Neek U-neek. Get it? Feb 3, 2019

I wear short sleeves daily which makes it much easier to deal with the height of the 600M. I can imagine it wouldn’t be the same with long sleeve button down shirts.

Edited Feb 3, 2019
  15. Stufflers Mom Feb 3, 2019

Can't go wrong with a Planet Ocean.

P1190219 save.jpg

watchesandcoffee and Wetworks like this.
  16. watchesandcoffee Feb 8, 2019

this orange/grey looks amazing! I tried it this week on the orange/grey rubber, so comfortable in Ti... Great piece for summer!

17. Bimmerman77 Feb 8, 2019

Congrats. I love that watch and is on my short list. Looks great on your wrist.

18. dwboston Feb 8, 2019

I liked this watch in person a lot at the AD. The black and white bezel is really striking and it fit really nicely. My only reservation about it is readability - I think my eyes just do better with a white dial with darker hands.

Congrats - that's a great watch.

Edited Feb 9, 2019
  19. jspaxton Feb 8, 2019

I'm new to the Omega Watch Obsession, but so far the Planet Oceans are my favorite. Congratulations

20. MrJKLFoams Feb 8, 2019

I like how the color combo of the bezel it makes sense black for night and white for morning. I love omega and how they make big watch looks small on wrist. Got omega moonwatch and the moonphase metas blue. Congrats!