New Aqua Terras?!?

The solid gold one might (imo) be the nicest full-pm watch in their collection now. 38 is perfect.

And knowing how pm Omegas tend to lose 50% on the secondary market, it’s not unlikely that these will eventually trade (probably infrequently) for around 18k US, which would be a very tempting proposition. Kind of kills the allure of a preowned18038 Day-Date at the same price point.

Solid gold model cost more than a Day-Date 36... lol

Not sure if that’s in response to what I wrote, but as mentioned: preowned 18038 (18k typically) vs. anticipated preowned price of this new AT (50% MSRP).

NO ONE should pay 35k for this watch, imo. Omega’s MSRPs for their full pm watches are idiotic—totally unmoored from market reality.

The solid gold one might (imo) be the nicest full-pm watch in their collection now. 38 is perfect.

And knowing how pm Omegas tend to lose 50% on the secondary market, it’s not unlikely that these will eventually trade (probably infrequently) for around 18k US, which would be a very tempting proposition. Kind of kills the allure of a preowned18038 Day-Date at the same price point.
yeah that sold gold blue is nice....and I agree, with a little patience will be able to hopefully pick you up for a good price...

Like 1
Not my cup of tea but I see the comparison to the Rolex (also not for me).

Not my cup of tea but I see the comparison to the Rolex (also not for me).

Agree: I don’t see myself rocking a yellow-hued gold watch on a bracelet. But I have to acknowledge that if I were going to, this would be way more appealing than anything else Omega does in that vein—and same from Rolex. (The gold/blue Submariner isn’t bad.) I find DD36s to be just a hint too small for my wrist, though they’re fantastic watches. This should be right in the sweet spot. If they release one of these in full platinum, I might be in trouble. —Unless they insist on only making like 30 of them, and the MSRP is $60,000 or something moronic like that.

Like 1
Hell yes Omega. Love the callback to the gen 1 dials and the new bracelets with micro-adjust are a godsend. Will definitely pick one up for my blue AT 38.

Like 1
There are lots more than 38mm, the 41mm looks awesome.

Biggest news though might be the fact that it appears Omega has come up with a way to integrate a micro adjustment into the butterfly clasp. They refer to it as having a "Foldover butterfly clasp with comfort setting".

Pretty slick.

Like 3
Agree: I don’t see myself rocking a yellow-hued gold watch on a bracelet. But I have to acknowledge that if I were going to, this would be way more appealing than anything else Omega does in that vein—and same from Rolex. (The gold/blue Submariner isn’t bad.) I find DD36s to be just a hint too small for my wrist, though they’re fantastic watches. This should be right in the sweet spot. If they release one of these in full platinum, I might be in trouble. —Unless they insist on only making like 30 of them, and the MSRP is $60,000 or something moronic like that.

Can I ask a dumb question? In person, just how different is shiny stainless / white gold / platinum

Initially it looks great... but then I see the date-surround and it looks like the watch is staring back at me... kind of odd... like Hal out of 2001 A Space Odyssey
Edited:

Not dumb at all. It helps to see all three in person, of course.

I find stainless and platinum very similar, but platinum has a bit more white to it. White gold I find very distinctive—it can be mistaken for stainless when it’s isolated, but when you see them side by side the white gold throws a lot more warmth/yellow.

Both platinum and white gold are totally under the radar, though, which is a big part of why I like them. That and the heft, especially when it comes to platinum.

Like 1
Awesome development with an already amazing clasp.

Will have to test it out in person, but if it’s really a meaningful microadjust that doesn’t add thickness to the concealed clasp, I’ll be very impressed. Only a few brands (IWC and Vacheron come to mind) have pulled this off well.

Like 1
Can I ask a dumb question? In person, just how different is shiny stainless / white gold / platinum
Not a dumb question....I wonder the same thing all the time, I personally struggle to see the difference beyond the weight. I will admit that when the light hits it, I do see a slight difference between the Rolex 904L and the standard 316L steel. The 904L gives off a different hue....but the polished bits on 904 micro scratch way faster then 316L

Nice. looks like they fixed the minute hand lume; now if only they'd fix the date window by deleting it.

Like 3