New acquisition Omega 168.004 - Please give your opinion!

Hello all,

Today I received an Omega Constellation 168.004.

I checked the watch before - from my point of view, everything fits. It has a little patina on the dial, but that's okay for me. What do you think of the watch?

I find the end links strange - they fit quite well but don't have a number. Was there such a thing or are they aftermarket?

Thanks for your opinion, Andreas

You did well, especially getting the Omega bracelet with the nice Chronometer Constellation. It would not bother me even it the bracelet was not original to the model. A lot of used vintage watches of any brand still retain the original strap or bracelet. Besides, part of the fun is collecting more good straps and bracelets for your Omega. Well done.

As you know, the head is genuine.

The Endlinks are generic/aftermarket and I’m 99% sure the bracelet is aftermarket.

As you know, the head is genuine.

The Endlinks are generic/aftermarket and I’m 99% sure the bracelet is aftermarket.

Thanks for the info on the bracelet, I would complain to the seller about that. How can I find out if it is original or a fake?

Thanks for the info on the bracelet, I would complain to the seller about that. How can I find out if it is original or a fake?
Is there any text on the inside of the clasp? If so, can you take a photo and post it here?

Well, not knowing how your bought the watch, I can’t advise you how to make a complaint.

I’ll actually revise my earlier comment. It’s 100% fake.

Enclosed are a few more photos of the bracelet. I just googled it, the 1502 should be a BOR, but here it has a different structure (don't know what it's called). So it really doesn't seem to fit - plus the end links without a number...

Enclosed are a few more photos of the bracelet. I just googled it, the 1502 should be a BOR, but here it has a different structure (don't know what it's called). So it really doesn't seem to fit - plus the end links without a number...

Yup. It’s fake.

Agreed, it’s not genuine Omega. Compare the text on your clasp to mine, which I know is a genuine Omega bracelet. For example, look at the difference in the Omega symbol on each clasp.
Edited:

The bracelet itself is aftermarket and looks nothing like a 1502. If you paid for a legit omega bor bracelet, that’s a significant overcharge.

Okay, great. So not that the bracelet is not original but for your help! 👍

The seller sold the bracelet as original, I will talk to him what we want do now…
Edited:

I got exactly the same bracelet , you catch them for 40$ on ebay 100% fake . Lots of Omega on Instagram with that one . That looks ok but certainly don’t worth more ,by the way I would have preferred that there was no logo on it .

Good morning,

I have now been in contact with the seller, and he is very sorry about the bracelet. I can return the watch. Alternatively, he is offering me a refund. The watch would then cost me €880. I also noticed that the dial has a small dent between 11 and 12 o'clock... it doesn't really bother me, but it's still annoying.

What do you think about the price? When I look at Chrono24 etc., it seems to be ok.

Many greetings, Andreas

That's up to you. The dial represents about 80% of the value of a vintage watch. Given the dent in the dial and the fake bracelet, I would return the watch and look for a better example, but that's just me.

That's up to you. The dial represents about 80% of the value of a vintage watch. Given the dent in the dial and the fake bracelet, I would return the watch and look for a better example, but that's just me.

@Andreas-am

I have to agree with @gbesq.

The case is quite nice (but does have some nibbles on the inner edges of the lugs.)
However, the dial has got quite extensive spotting and if it does have a noticeable ding then you have to decide if you could live with that.

€880 would be a pretty good price for just the head if the dial was good - a 'perfect' example will almost certainly cost you north of €1000 (as its a pie-pan possibly more) and will take some patience to find.