Forums Latest Members
  1. Reinhard Bester Jul 28, 2022

About 5 months ago I bought a 1966 CB case Speedmaster Professional. The watch runs well, has a 1171 bracelet (which I am OK with for now), but unfortunately at some stage my Speedmaster got a service dial and hands. I've been searching fruitlessly for 5 months trying to source a dial and hands that does justice to this watch. It is great knowing there is a 321 movement beating at the heart of it, but if I open up my watch box at first glance I can't tell this apart from my modern Speedmaster Professional. If anyone can assist me in finding a dial and hands I would sincerely appreciate it. I've been on Ebay, websites, shook every tree locally I could think of and nothing. Once I have found the correct parts my Speedmaster is going to the watchmaker for a proper cleaning and service.

321 1.jpeg 321 2.jpeg
  2. JulianK Jul 28, 2022

Hi Reinhard,

I hate to be that guy but a thread like this won’t get much response especially because this represents your first post on these forums. I can understand your struggle as I’ve had project watches as well that have come to a halt.

Unfortunately your post comes across as more of a WTB rather than a request for expertise or knowledge from the experienced members here. If you stick around long enough and get yourself up to 200 posts, you can post a WTB on these forums formally.

My only sage advice is that I have had positive experiences with speed_meister on Instagram. Solid guy to work with and has parts coming and going constantly. Consider reaching out to him and report back if you end up restoring the watch!

happy hunting

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Jul 28, 2022

Your best bet is to hang around long enough to meet the WTB requirements or watch the parts for sale section as they do come up, I sold two dial and hand sets there recently and others have too in that section.

4. befobe Jul 28, 2022

The good thing is that you're at the right place on OF, to have good chance to read, hear about, even see on the marketplace section the parts you need. You have to be patient I guess ..:rolleyes:

5. Dan S Jul 28, 2022

Well, they do show up on eBay, and there is at least one knowledgable seller who always has good vintage Speedmaster parts (if you have been watching eBay, you now who it is). You need to be willing to pay the price, obviously.

6. Reinhard Bester Jul 28, 2022

Thank you for all the replies, I appreciate it! Apologies, I read the "Vintage Omega Posting Guide" , but was unaware of the 200 posts in WTB (to be honest I didn't even see that section). I wil

@JulianK Thank you for recommending Speed_Meister, I tracked him from Ebay to Instagram. I am following him so keeping my fingers crossed the right dial shows up on his page.

7. Reinhard Bester Jul 28, 2022

Thank you for the advice. I will definitely be tracking the Sales section as well.

8. Reinhard Bester Jul 28, 2022

Sage advice, patience is definitely not one of my virtues :D

9. Reinhard Bester Jul 28, 2022

I assume you are talking about Speed_Meister. I am definitely watching his page. You're right, the dials are expensive, but it will be worth it to complete this project.

10. Dan S Jul 28, 2022

Contact him and let him know what you are looking for.

Reinhard Bester likes this.
  11. ortope Jul 28, 2022

The hands shouldn't t be a problem, but the dial will be a little bit tricky.
    Look out for a restorable dial and then I could help you, if needed,
    Omega 105.012-66 CB SAP.jpg to bringing it back to its "original" conditions.

Cheers

12. Reinhard Bester Jul 28, 2022

That is beautiful Speedmaster! Thank you for reaching out. I've seen numerous dials that could do with a little bit of TLC, so this is definitely something I will consider.