Forums Latest Members

SOLD Omega 321 Speedmaster 105.012-66 CB with excellent DON bezel, Extract, 1039

1. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Feb 4, 2019

Selling my vintage 105.012-66 CB Speedmaster Professional. Watch is in very good vintage condition and a nice daily wearer, but it is not perfect. Please read detailed warts and all description (I am highlighting all the negatives in bold so that all potential buyers know exactly what this watches issues are up front).

105.012-66 CB case shows wear and has several nicks and dents, but appears unpolished with sharp CB facets and correct original pushers. Caseback is original single bevel (correct for a -66) with prominent premoon Seahorse engraving, but scratches are visible. When I acquired this one it had a dented DON, I replaced it with an undamaged on in excellent shape, easily near mint or better.

Dial is original and in good shape with wobbly lume intact, there is a mark on the dial just above the 3:00 subdial, it may actually be debris - looks like a tiny white dot, I cannot tell and never noticed it until looking at large photos. Hands are original, a previous owner had them refilled with matching color material. Crown is a later replacement. Movement sets, starts, stops, resets, and keeps time well, but service history is unknown and I recommend a service.

Comes on 1039/516 bracelet in excellent condition, but I acquired the bracelet separately and it is an undated version and thus is likely later than the watch.

Issues - Please Read!
    · There are scratches and dings on the case
    · Replacement crown
    · There is a small mark or piece of debris above the 3:00 subdial
    · Movement has not been serviced in my possession
    · Bracelet is undated and not original to the watch

Positives
    · Sharp CB facets
    · Fantastic DON bezel (excuse the lint in the photos!)
    · Movement running well (though service history is unknown)
    · All functions (winding, setting, chrono start/stop/reset) as expected
    · Comes with Omega Extract of the Archives (November 1967, Sweden)

Provenance
    I bought the watch from a fellow collector on OF in 2017. No idea how many prior owners. I have obtained an Extract of the Archives confirming it was originally delivered to Sweden in November 1967. Since purchasing it I replaced the original dented bezel and added the bracelet. Bracelet is an undated 1039/516.

Comes with
    Watch, 1039 bracelet, Extract

Photos
    My photos were taken January 31, 2019 with an iPhone 6 in natural light with no filters. Photos of the movement and caseback are from the previous owner (used with permission) – I don’t want to open it up if I don’t have to.

straight on.JPG on table.JPG facet1.JPG facet2.JPG facet3.JPG facet4.JPG inner clasp.JPG outer clasp.JPG pushers crown.JPG 9 oclock side.JPG end1.JPG end2.JPG 1039 detail2.JPG 1039 detail1.JPG movement.jpg inner caseback.jpg outer caseback.jpg dust cover.jpg extract.JPG
    Price
    Asking $14,000 USD which includes domestic US shipping. In my assessment, this watch falls short of “good” on the Speedmaster 101 Price Chart (Dec 2018 Good for this reference is $13k for head only) but a correct crown and a service would get it there. So I subtracted for the lack of service and correct crown then added back the value of the bracelet and a premium for the excellent condition of the bezel to arrive at my price. NO TRADES PLEASE. Please contact me via pm with questions or offers.

I will consider selling the watch head only, but I won’t entertain offers on the bracelet only until the watch is spoken for…

Payment
    Wire, cash (watch and I are in the Chicago area), PayPal if you have references

Buyer
    I prefer selling domestically to keep things simple. I will sell internationally on a case by case basis (in other words, buyer needs solid recent references and must accept full customs declaration and cover extra shipping cost). Buyer must have solid references.

Returns
    No returns unless watch is grossly misrepresented. Selling as-is with no warranty. I make no promises as to water-resistance, expose it to water at your own risk.

References
    I’m an individual collector, not a dealer, and have no affiliation with Omega. I have been active on watch forums for several years and have numerous references as a buyer, trader, and seller. I have perfect eBay feedback, where I have also bought and sold several watches.

Sample Feedback as a seller, more available if needed:
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/easy-transaction-with-andy-k.80125/
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/smooth-deal-with-andy-k.79533/
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/andy-k%85great-seller%85smooth-deal-4648959.html#post45397869
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/andy-is-dandy-great-seller.60546/
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/andy-k-honest-seller-2967402.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f63/andy-k-excellent-seller-1907466.html#post16031586
    https://omegaforums.net/threads/deal-with-andy-k.23626/

You can also find me on Instagram at https://www.instagram.com/calibre1040/ or my website www.calibre1040.com. Thanks to OF and the moderators for the space.

gostang9, Seamaster66, NT931 and 23 others like this.
  2. eugeneandresson 'I used a hammer, a chisel, and my fingers' Feb 4, 2019

Wow! A lovely lovely piece in fine condition...that dial/case/bezel ::love::::love::::love:: This should go quickly. GLWS Andy...

3. WYO_Watch Feb 4, 2019

I try not to bump others sale posts as a general rule :unsure: but what a great watch! Additionally, I had the pleasure of buying a Speedmaster from @Andy K a couple years ago and was very pleased. GLWTS :thumbsup:

eugeneandresson and Andy K like this.
  4. kov Trüffelschwein. Feb 4, 2019

Very nice watch, 3..2..1.. and sold, I’m sure :)

Kudos for the listing ! Clear, super photographs, straightforward, no BS and important things highlighted every time. Exemplary ! :thumbsup:

Great job. I am delighted to see the listings quality increasing dramatically lately. Time and efforts well appreciated and usually quickly compensated ;)

NT931, sdre, Andy K and 1 other person like this.
  5. Seaborg Feb 4, 2019

Sorry but I disagee with you. This is definitly the perfect daily wearer !

GLWS

Edited Feb 5, 2019
    Andy K likes this.
  6. repoman Feb 4, 2019

Why do all the sexy watches come up for sale at tax time in USA, in which every year, the tax man seems to force me to sell watches, not buy them. GLWS, I like it.

Andy K likes this.
  7. Dgercp Feb 4, 2019

Strong watch and outrageously superior description!
    GLWS.

Andy K likes this.
  8. Screwbacks Feb 4, 2019

:thumbsup:::bleh::

Andy K likes this.
  9. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Feb 5, 2019

I agree the listing quality/transparency around OF keeps getting better and better and is by far the best in the watch community. I am just trying to keep up!:)

Thanks for all the kind words guys.:thumbsup:

10. nonuffinkbloke #1 Nigel Mansell Fan Feb 5, 2019

Lovely 105.012-66, CB, Speedmaster Andy. Great to see those facet lines so crisp.::love:: Nice, up-front, listing with lovely clear photographs:thumbsup: GLWS

Edited Feb 5, 2019
    Andy K likes this.
  11. NT931 Feb 6, 2019

Great pics, honest description :thumbsup:

... and lovely watch too!

Andy K likes this.
  12. Andy K Dreaming about winning an OFfie one day. Feb 6, 2019

Watch is now sold, and I couldn't be happier with where it is going. Thanks OF!:thumbsup:

levkov, Lou P, jB1128 and 9 others like this.