Need more data about this Omega Seamaster chronometre

Hello, all omega forums members.

I searched on google about an old Omega advertisement then I found this one, the Omega Seamaster chronometre from the 1950s.
Please note chronome"ter" on lower part of an advertisement, while chronome"tre" on the dial.

I believe it was the early model of Seamaster but without Seamaster word on the dial.

I try to research the real one but I cannot find any watches like this picture.

I think someone in this forum may have it.

Please share your pictures and comments, also can you guess the reference / the caliber of this watch in an advertisement?

Thanks for your advice.
Teerapat

Please note chronome"ter" on lower part of an advertisement, while chronome"tre" on the dial.

Isnt that just because the advertisement is “translating” to English?

Isnt that just because the advertisement is “translating” to English?
Or, just as likely, from English to American, since we have some different spelling customs!

Or, just as likely, from English to American, since we have some different spelling customs!

“meter” in English (Queen’s or Freedom’s) is the same on both sides of the pond.

French (Swiss horology’s love language) to English, I believe. (Later, many dials changed to the “ter” formulation.)

I think many of these examples will be 36mm watches.

“meter” in English (Queen’s or Freedom’s) is the same on both sides of the pond.

French (Swiss horology’s love language) to English, I believe. (Later, many dials changed to the “ter” formulation.)

Forgive me, but our British friends really do spell it 'metre', or did anyhow when I lived there (in a previous millennium). I realize I don't know for sure whether "chronometre" is an English word per se, or whether they were printing these dials in a mix of languages. I find the first explanation more parsimonious!

More importantly, good luck to OP, this model is very cool!

Forgive me, but our British friends really do spell it 'metre', or did anyhow when I lived there (in a previous millennium). I realize I don't know for sure whether "chronometre" is an English word per se, or whether they were printing these dials in a mix of languages. I find the first explanation more parsimonious!

More importantly, good luck to OP, this model is very cool!

well, you're half-way correct.
In the UK a metre is a unit of measurement
Whereas a meter is something you measure with.

I think many of these examples will be 36mm watches.
The early 36mm chronometre with screw in case back that I can think of is ref 2519. Cal 333. But it is not a SC model.

I realize I don't know for sure whether "chronometre" is an English word per se, or whether they were printing these dials in a mix of languages. I find the first explanation more parsimonious!

The spellings on the dials did/do shift from the Swiss-French spelling (re) to the English spelling (er) sometime in the late 1950’s, for watches sent to any market, unparsimonious as it may be.

Thermometer, odometer, or chronometer will all read the same in English, but in Canada the centre of every theatre is a strange colour.

Canada the centre of every theatre is a strange colour.

As it should be.

Could you please pass me a serviette, as I've spilled the poutine I picked up at the cabanes à patates on the chesterfield...

As it should be.

Could you please pass me a serviette, as I've spilled the poutine I picked up at the cabanes à patates on the chesterfield...

Fitting, as this Wednesday morning my Winnipeg family descends upon us for an extra long weekend of messing about my chesterfield.

Fitting, as this Wednesday morning my Winnipeg family descends upon us for an extra long weekend of messing about my chesterfield.

Ah, people from the Peg. Maybe replace poutine with pierogi and sausage...😉

Ok 2 jumbos:

3803739607_d60e26dfff.jpg

5674608324_e4c85ab582.jpg

Ah, people from the Peg. Maybe replace poutine with pierogi and sausage...😉

Spot on.

Other half (FIL side) from Calgary (pronounced “north Texas”).

Hello, all omega forums members.

I searched on google about an old Omega advertisement then I found this one, the Omega Seamaster chronometre from the 1950s.

I believe it was the early model of Seamaster but without Seamaster word on the dial.

I try to research the real one but I cannot find any watches like this picture.

I think someone in this forum may have it.

Please share your pictures and comments, also can you guess the reference / the caliber of this watch in an advertisement?

Thanks for your advice.
Teerapat