Forums Latest Members

Need Input for Speedmaster Bracelet Design

1. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 28, 2019

The 1171 and prior bracelets are all pretty much what you would likely consider 'flimsy'. None have a history of breaking through -- at least not based on my time here on OF. I like the very light Holzer that is on my '67. A pulled a heavy modern bracelet off my Tintin and replaced it with a much lighter strap. Heavy does not equal 'quality', and good engineering typically means designing something as light as possible for the require load resistance, as materials are expensive. :cool:

2. armored.wrist Oct 29, 2019

Point #2:
    This is my NUMBER ONE hate when it comes to all Omega bracelets starting with the 1171, and beyond... Their designers try to follow the line where the interior curve of the lug breaks and goes perpendicular, which produces an endlink whose top surface sits SUPER high, and then abruptly curves down, making a hideous visual "hump". Check out Chronoholics website for examples of Omega 1039 bracelets that aren't a slave to the curve, and look GREAT. Above all else, my next Omega bracelet MUST HAVE endlinks that sit lower and do not have a hump...

...that, and I hate flimsy bracelets. Solid links and endlinks would be a major consideration. Really great to know that a true flatlink might be available on the market soon!!!

3. armored.wrist Oct 29, 2019

Yup, this is exactly what I want, but with solid endlinks.

4. armored.wrist Oct 29, 2019

I could not possible agree with this poster more if I tried. @Uncle Seiko

5. armored.wrist Oct 29, 2019

SPOT ON!!!

It's the biggest weakness of the new Apollo 11 anniversary bracelet. The super tall endlinks have to create such a huge hump to curve down to the flat part of the bracelet.

6. Ahvera Oct 29, 2019

One thought
    Having had both the 1039 and the 1035, I found the shape of the links on the 1039 yield a better look on the wrist. The 1039 links are more symmetrical when viewed from the side. This gives them slightly less of a sharp edge when viewed from on top. I you look at the 1035 bracelet from above, the links look too flat, with edges that are two sharp. The 1175 links are oval when looked at from the side and the bracelet pretty much looses any flat look at all. The 1039 still looks nice and flat but not flat as an ironing board, like the 1015, IMO.

Compare the 1035 link shape below to the 1039 above.

[​IMG]

7. VetPsychWars Wants to be in the club! Oct 29, 2019

People, "No 12" does not identify the bracelet, it identifies the clasp. You can't possibly have a dozen different bracelets all called "No 12".

Rant over.

Tom

8. cholack Oct 30, 2019

Great tread. Can’t wait to see what @Uncle Seiko will create. Count me as a beta tester and a purchaser of the first iteration.

9. T4Rdooh Oct 30, 2019

I would love to see a black 1450 style bracelet in a 21mm to go with my Apollo 8 :)

10. Manticore Nov 5, 2019

Well this is exciting! I've put the Uncle Seiko Beads Of Rice for Speedmaster on my birthday Wishlist to tide me over until this flat link comes out. Patience isn't my forte & I'm dying to put my Ultraman on a metal bracelet...

Just to chime in with my 2 pence, I agree with those who have mentioned it worthwhile sticking with the 16mm pressure fit type clasp, the double locking clasp is a little too SRP diver for a Speedmaster imo.

The Uncle Seiko logo is cool and it probably wouldn't put me off the bracelet but perhaps a plain clasp offering would satisfy those (probably me) who want to have something unbranded or engraved with their own choice of motif? Maybe putting the Uncle Seiko logo inside the clasp like the old JB Champion bracelets could be a good compromise with a nice nod to the history of the Speedy and its' famous 'aftermarket' bracelet offerings of old?

Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 08.22.32.png Screenshot 2019-11-05 at 08.20.46.png EFD4CF98-0EBB-4D34-945B-4CD3056AF091.JPEG
  11. Kraymehr Nov 5, 2019

Please share a pic once you get the BOR on your ultraman! (I'm in the same boat and considering the same thing)

Manticore likes this.
  12. Manticore Nov 5, 2019

will do! Birthday not for a few weeks yet but I’ll be sure to share when it arrives!

13. YHY Nov 8, 2019

my life would be perfect if the 60th speedy had a taper like the Apollo 11 50th! IMAG2058.jpg

14. Tbar Dec 1, 2019

Very excited for this! Any update or timeline @Uncle Seiko ?

15. Jimmymoller Dec 1, 2019

Wow.. the BOR is awesome... Would it be possible to grind the 20mm down to 19mm and use it on Speedmaster automatic 40mm? Or is there another option for my watch?

16. fergusm Dec 1, 2019

I'm also patiently waiting for a modern, tapered flat link....

17. LeonDeBayonne Dec 1, 2019

True. The 60th speedy's bracelet is a complete failure. But even the Apollo 11 50th birthday strap could be improved. Why a 18cm-wide buckle?

18. funkright Dec 1, 2019

I know this doesn't fit with your initial request, but would love more fitted rubber options for 21mm speedmasters. Not much in aftermarket options. I do see you've created for seiko's...

IMG_3247.jpg
  19. MarmosetJKM Dec 3, 2019

Just chiming in with my interest in a flat-link bracelet for the FOIS. Thanks for your work on this, Uncle Seiko!

watchos likes this.
  20. JwRosenthal Dec 4, 2019

@Uncle Seiko - the Forstner bracelets are starting delivery, lots of excitement for a new bracelet alternative in the vintage style that hasn’t been bulked up or bastardized with modern clasps and thick proportions.
    I personally have been enjoying it on other watches of the time period and would love your flatlink as previously mentioned for other watches besides the Speedy that take 18 & 19mm lugs (lug and link kit for smaller ebdlinks?)
    Check out the fun over there.

https://omegaforums.net/threads/forstner-bands-relaunched.102101/page-14