Forums Latest Members
  1. bimmernerd Oct 16, 2019

Hi ladies and gent's,

Quick question for y'all, I know very little about Rolex's and this one just popped up for sale about ~2 hours away that seems like a good price. Can you guys tell me if it looks all looks legit before I make the drive and get it checked out at an AD? and if there are any areas of concern? Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

These are most likely all the pictures I am able to get. They are an older couple and I could barely get these after 3 days of waiting.

Thank you in advance!

IMG_3872.JPG IMG_3873.JPG IMG_3874.JPG IMG_3875.JPG IMG_3876.JPG IMG_3877.JPG 00A0A_9AvmXjRBZbu_1200x900.jpg 00l0l_8VonbY2gQG6_1200x900.jpg
  2. bimmernerd Oct 16, 2019

Couple of things that look off to me....

1) 10 on the bezel....it's unbalanced in between the marks.

2) The hour markers. They seem to be little "bubbly", compared to more "flat" look of the genuine Rolex's that I've looked at. Could be the pictures, just something I spotted with my inexperienced eye.

3) Cracks in the bezel as well as the 12 hour nipple marker seems to be misaligned on the bezel.

WatchCor and larryganz like this.
  3. FinWatch Oct 17, 2019

I wouldn’t buy this watch...

bimmernerd likes this.
  4. Verdi Oct 17, 2019

Other than being a fake, no concerns!

5. oinkitt Oct 17, 2019

surely this is a joke???

watchyouwant likes this.
  6. Millenary Watches Oct 17, 2019

:thumbsdown:::puke::

7. Uniqez Oct 17, 2019

This is an ugly fake, look at the lume pip, date window, font...

airansun and watchyouwant like this.
  8. Om3ga321 Oct 17, 2019

An original fake.

9. JTridesbikes Oct 17, 2019

The most obvious sign it’s a fake to me is the delta at the midnight marker. Look at how uneven the lines if the triangle are against that circle marker!! Sweet mercy, that’s a fake!!

chronos likes this.
  10. Dan S Oct 17, 2019

This is such an obvious fake that I'm going to suggest the OP may want to consider buying from an established and respected seller.

airansun likes this.
  11. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Oct 17, 2019

If the OP can't tell that this isn't a vintage Omega, how do you expect him to tell if it's fake?

Shabbaz, JwRosenthal and Larry S like this.
  12. bimmernerd Oct 17, 2019

Thank you for all your responses! I passed on the watch for obvious reasons, however, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking something and my initial thoughts were correct. I am NO expert in watches and still in my learning stages so still have ways to go! Thanks again for your help and happy to be part of this forum :thumbsup:

Shabbaz, blufinz52 and JwRosenthal like this.
  13. JwRosenthal Oct 17, 2019

Don’t let the jaded folks here dissuade you from asking honest questions- they are a salty lot. We all start somewhere and none of us is an expert on everything. As a collective though, it’s hard to put one past the group.

Shabbaz, Börn, wsfarrell and 4 others like this.
  14. bimmernerd Oct 17, 2019

Certainly a solid bit of advice. I definitely would not purchase a watch of this magnitude without getting a couple of eyes on it, I am still in my learning stages and wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a "good" deal. It wasn't great but thought I'd ask the experts first :)

WatchCor likes this.
  15. bimmernerd Oct 17, 2019

I appreciate it. I can understand how something so fake can be perceived as a joke to most veteran watch people on here as they have a trained eye to catch this stuff, I'm just not there yet.
    Now, if somebody has a question about anything BMW related I'd be more than happy to share my knowledge lol. Have more than 15 years of experience buying/selling them. (Hence the username :D)

16. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Oct 17, 2019

The fact you even considered this tells me that you are light years from being able to make such a purchase. Most of us took one look at thing and felt sick. ::puke:: Please do your research.

89-0 likes this.
  17. JwRosenthal Oct 17, 2019

Here’s a couple good videos on how to spot Rolex fakes- it’s all in the details.

bimmernerd likes this.
  18. Albe100 Oct 17, 2019

As a fellow Juventino, Rolex is such a difficult brand to buy, with a lot of good replicas out there. This not being one of them! (sorry had to)

Make sure to do research and buy from a reputable member/seller to ensure you don't get burnt. Better to pay a bit more than get cheated all together.

bimmernerd likes this.
  19. larryganz The cable guy Oct 17, 2019

The quality of these pictures show how good the fakes are getting - they fool lots of experts until they get hands on and also a closer look with a 10x loupe.

To everyone else - Not all fakes are as obvious as the one the OP posted, but he was concerned enough to write his original post instead of buying, so people should give him credit where credit is due.

20. JwRosenthal Oct 18, 2019

As Larry said, the obviously ones it can be pretty easily learned- but takes time to know the visual cues from online photos. The good fakes like in the WF&Co videos are terrifying- particularly the Daytona as the movement on first glance looks real.
    This only reinforces that if the deal is too good to be true- always question it. But this isn’t isolated to just Rolex, we have seen our share of fake Omegas too, particularly Seamaster 300’s, so do your homework and buy the seller, not the watch.

Larry S likes this.