Forums Latest Members

Need help with Omega - New to the Brand - Sea Master 300 - 2913 - 6 SC

1. Goodfella9 Mar 3, 2020

Hi Guys - I was referred here by someone on another site to see if you guys might be able to help with me here as I don't know what I've got on my hands.

A little backstory: I am a garage sale & flea market hound, I purchased this watch about five years ago for $1 at a flea market - I had always assumed it was a knock off (cause who would sell an omega for $1...?) so I put it away to investigate another day. Well, to my surprise when I opened the case I was stunned by how clean it was and frankly started to wonder if it was authentic or not... so I'm here!

I was hoping you guys could tell me if this is indeed authentic based on the photos (attached below)? I know that the bezel is missing and based on the limited research I've done, it's going to cost a pretty penny IF I can even locate one. I know that it probably needs to be serviced as there is an audible "clink" when I shake the watch... (but both the crown and weight do wind the watch and it does work - the movement is relatively smooth).

So frankly guys, I don't know what I have on my hands here and how to proceed with it - I don't want to let it sit in my dresser anymore and i'm not the biggest vintage fan (I like the newer stuff - just being honest).

Thanks in advance guys - appreciate any light you can shed.
    IMG_4918.JPG IMG_4919.JPG IMG_4922.JPG IMG_4923.JPG IMG_4924.JPG IMG_4921.JPG

2. efauser I ♥ karma!!! Mar 3, 2020

::popcorn::

3. Goodfella9 Mar 3, 2020

Oh boy - this isnt a good start... should I get my flamesuit on now or later? lol

4. alexei.joukovski Mar 3, 2020

It's real and its worth thousands :)
    Not sure how many thousands, people can chime in.

Caliber561 and BenBagbag like this.
  5. Dan S Mar 3, 2020

Honestly, unless you're a vintage watch collector, don't mess around with it. Don't even clean it. Just put it on eBay as a barn find. It will do well.

BTW, the bezel is not missing, it's on the watch. But the Bakelite inlay has disintegrated. Common.

6. Baz9614 Mar 3, 2020

That’s a beauty! Looks like original crystal and crown as well! Great find! :thumbsup:

Benbradstock and watchyouwant like this.
  7. OMEGuy Mar 3, 2020

I'd say you did very well. :thumbsup:

If you do a web research on the reference "CK 2913" you'll find proven what you have there.

Just in case you are intending to sell it, I'd recommend to have the crystal changed or at least take some pictures of dial and hands without the scratched crystal.

8. mac_omega Mar 4, 2020

Another hidden sales thread... :whipped:

9. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Mar 4, 2020

Poor Alex. Probably still wondering what happened to his watch.

10. Cuttysark Mar 4, 2020

The bezel is rarer than the watch. And really expensive.. You can send to Italy or Germany for restoration of the bakelite. It's a long process.
    Best option is to sell on Ebay as told before as barn find..
    That caseback :(:(
    Nico

11. WatchCor Mar 4, 2020

What a find. Congrats.:thumbsup:

Isn't the crown supposed to be a Naiad one on these? :thumbsdown:Could this be a early service crown perhaps? Doesn't detract much from value imo.

Baz9614 likes this.
  12. Baz9614 Mar 4, 2020

You may be right! I think it’s supposed to have a three arm star inside the logo like Mercedes?

13. Goodfella9 Mar 4, 2020

Wow guys - thank you for all of the responses and the warm welcome, as a noob on your forum I wasn't sure I would be taken seriously about my intentions with the post. I genuinely appreciate it.

I think I have a better understanding of what I have now. Some of the PM's received have been extremely helpful - thank you to those that took the time out!

I have two options I'm considering - trading it for a more modern piece or selling it. Is there a site or network of folks other than yourselves that would be a good place to post it online (not sure if that's allowed)? Is there a recommendation on how to best trade with someone...?

14. OMEGuy Mar 6, 2020

Even without "Naiad"? ;)

Baz9614 likes this.