Forums Latest Members

Newbie to the Brand.. I welcome your opinions :)

1. jwalker90 Oct 11, 2014

Hey I'm Jordan, (Newcastle, UK)

I'm new to the brand and love my new watch... Prior to this i had a Hamilton Below Zero so yeah, it was a little bit different to this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and i welcome your opinions.

Reason behind the purchase, I've been wanting to get myself a real nice watch for sometime now, people kept saying Jordan get yourself a Rolex but for some reason i just found it hard to find one that i liked. I was introduced to Omega by a member of the family and a friend. They simply couldn't say anything bad about the brand, i did a bit research found a watch i liked and set myself a goal.

Here i am with my new Planet Ocean Co-Axial 45.5mm 600m that i got a few days back! Safe to say I'm over the moon with my purchase.

Let me know your thoughts and point me in the direction if you feel I'm posting in the wrong thread etc :)

Jordan.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413052379.585007.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413052400.310646.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413052418.703578.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413052438.212859.jpg

Dogmann and Alex_TA like this.
  2. msp1518 Oct 11, 2014

For me I'll take the Planet Ocean over the Sub, Sea Dweller or Deep Sea any day of the week. it's a bad @ss diver and then some. :thumbsup:

3. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2014

Nice PO8500 mate, and welcome to OF

4. repoman Oct 11, 2014

I'm with msp, I'd take the PO any day, just so much more and I think the aesthetics are far superior to Rolex equivalents. Congrats

Mark Farrell likes this.
  5. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Oct 11, 2014

I was just thinking ten minutes ago how much I like this forum because no-body mentions the Planet Ocean.
    Oh well.

6. Alpha Kilt Owner, Beagle Parent, Omega Collector Oct 11, 2014

Welcome from another PO owner/lover :thumbsup:

7. scook94 Oct 11, 2014

Ooft, if I saw Clarkson wear one of my watches that'd be a sure sign to sell it...

8. roach7 Oct 11, 2014

Welcome to the club

9. Privateday7 quotes Miss Universe Oct 11, 2014

Welcome Jordan,
    Certainly a wise and smart decision. PO is a very handsome modern diver watch. Certainly it is more attractive than Submariner IMO.

10. speedbird Oct 11, 2014

A fine choice! Well-found

11. jwalker90 Oct 12, 2014

Fantastic feedback thanks for making me feel welcome!

12. bish789 Oct 12, 2014

Welcome aboard marra. (North East name for people who don't know)

13. zcymontmae Oct 12, 2014

i have been in to your situation 2 weeks ago, all my all my friends and co-member in PWC told me to pick the sub over the PO but I also can't find my self to loved the Rolex models with few reason.

Rolex does not much innovation on it, well the price and resale value is impressive but I realize it is enough valid reason to spend to a Rolex if I can buy 1 PO + speedy with its price point. We all know that omega is not that much popular vs it rival Rolex but the innovative movement forced me to choose PO with 60 hour power reserve, 2 barrel, silicon balance spring and COSC grade movement and off course the wrist presence. I tried many time to try Rolex on my wirst but it looks so light and i find i am buying only the brand name. unlike Omega they increase their price but there is a innovation on its models. It is a nice watch buddy enjoy it...

Cheers... and looking forward to your next omega purchase...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dogmann likes this.
  14. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 12, 2014

Finance companies do have a habit of being full of remarkably unimaginative watch choices, at times it almost seemed like choice was limited to what colour dial on your Datejust or whether to go black GMT-Master or black Submariner. I love the PO, and especially with the orange numerals to be a bit different, having the same watch as everyone else is never fun.

15. jcmartinez98 Oct 13, 2014

curious about this sentiment. why do you dislike the PO?

16. DocHolliday Oct 13, 2014

Welcome the the PO world. Great watch.

17. yande Oct 13, 2014

The main thing I love about this Forum...... Oh Yeah, welcome jwalker90, (May I call you Johnnie?;))

Is that on that other, (most popular) forum on the internet, you would never have received the numerous responses and warm welcome that you have received here, even if "dennisthemenance" has not answered that question yet?? ::popcorn::

I have numerous modern Omega's, if I ever had to choose (god Forbid) ONLY one it would have to be my PO. The WR is the main reason over my Speedmaster. The PO is a rock. Solid and yet fashionable, if not in a tough sense. If ever you get tired of the look, grab a new bezel, for a completely different look. Note my modification. Regardless, you have a beauty, and this is the forum for you. Welcome!

Modified 2201.50 (Orange bezel)
    IMG_3937.JPG

18. rvinson Oct 13, 2014

The black-Orange rubber looks perfect with your PO ! Congrats !!

19. tpatta Happily spending my daughter’s inheritance Oct 13, 2014

Welcome aboard. Your PO is great. As others have said, the info and feedback you get here is way beyond any other board. I have learned a great deal in the last year from these members and try to tap their collective knowledge whenever possible.

20. dougiedude Carpe horologium! Oct 13, 2014

Hi Jordan, welcome! I, like you, I am new to the forum, and very excited to be here!

Also, like me, you jumped right in...Way to be!

That's a really beautiful PO...