Need help with Constellation Pie Pan

Dear Omega lovers,

I am in the process of buying myself an Omega Constellation Pie Pan. I found one with Arabic dial numerals at position 3,6,9 and 12. I see a couple of other Constellations with the same numerals but not alot. The far majority has no numerals, just stripes. Can someone confirm that the Constellation with the first numeral setting I described, is authentic (or fake and non-existant)?

Thank you in advance.
Bertram
Edited:

Not without pictures, no.
If you need pictures you're not much of an expert are you? Why waste space here by responding? Just leave it to the really knowledgable people who can identify a watch without the crutch of images.

If you need pictures you're not much of an expert are you? Why waste space here by responding? Just leave it to the really knowledgable people who can identify a watch without the crutch of images.
A very good point, I’ll skulk off and let the psychic pros handle it!

Welcome @Bertram1998

The configuration of dial you describe does exist but there is a lot more to the authenticity of a dial than just the configuration and you will need to post some good quality pics for the members here to give you worthwhile advice.

Yes, imagine this design exists but the rest or parts is fake....would you buy?

Yes, imagine this design exists but the rest or parts is fake....would you buy?

Can you please elaborate which parts you identified as fake based on the one picture?

So what do we think? The text and ticks looks good but the dial is suspiciously clean and completely washed of dial lume. Maybe the polish has been removed? Or it might be fine, hard to tell from one pic. Or a good redial!

@Bertram1998 - what else can you tell us about the watch?
do you have a case reference or movt serial number?

also any other images than the angled view posted above?

My gut feeling says that the dial is too perfect to be true and could be a very beautiful redial

So what do we think? The text and ticks looks good but the dial is suspiciously clean and completely washed of dial lume. Maybe the polish has been removed? Or it might be fine, hard to tell from one pic.

something about the dial finish
- and the word constellation, the e is too close to the l and the end n is too curved

The case is very polished which casts doubt on the originality of the dial, for me. Minute markers look inconsistent and the printing looks a bit thick.

I vote redial, but that could just be picture quality.
Edited:

It may be the angle of the pic but shouldn't the font and size of 'swiss' be the same as 'made'? 😕

It’s really tough to give a proper opinion without additional photos. I’d say it’s an early 1960s model, dial could be original but again tough to tell. The Swiss made T is correct and the crown is correct as are the hands. This is a similar reference that I own, it’s from 61. Non original crown but original dial (hence the patina). Cheers

It’s really tough to give a proper opinion without additional photos. I’d say it’s an early 1960s model, dial could be original but again tough to tell. The Swiss made T is correct and the crown is correct as are the hands. This is a similar reference that I own, it’s from 61. Non original crown but original dial (hence the patina). Cheers

I realise that you qualify your response and are trying to help but you have to be careful about sounding unequivocal with your critique.

What is it you mean by early 60s ?
Most would use this to refer to before the change in reference numbers, which may or may not be the case but is less likely than more likely.

The single T can be correct but is a lot less common than two Ts
( and your ‘61 14393 with any Ts at all - let alone a single T - is very very uncommon indeed)

The crown is the correct style but without side on pics we can’t know whether it has been replaced or not.

There are strong doubts about this watch and we are unlikely to find out the truth of it without it being in hand.

I realise that you qualify your response and are trying to help but you have to be careful about sounding unequivocal with your critique.

What is it you mean by early 60s ?
Most would use this to refer to before the change in reference numbers, which may or may not be the case but is less likely than more likely.

The single T can be correct but is a lot less common than two Ts
( and your ‘61 14393 with any Ts at all - let alone a single T - is very very uncommon indeed)

The crown is the correct style but without side on pics we can’t know whether it has been replaced or not.

There are strong doubts about this watch and we are unlikely to find out the truth of it without it being in hand.

We all know the limitations are severe with only the low quality photo - having qualified my response I feel it a reasonable and fair response. You responding to say that one thing is more rare than another and this is more common than that to critique my answer is pointless. It doesn’t answer any questions and we can all agree that more detail is needed. Hopefully we get some better photos! Cheers

We all know the limitations are severe with only the low quality photo - having qualified my response I feel it a reasonable and fair response. You responding to say that one thing is more rare than another and this is more common than that to critique my answer is pointless. It doesn’t answer any questions and we can all agree that more detail is needed. Hopefully we get some better photos! Cheers

not pointless, just more measured