Forums Latest Members
  1. Tiger131 Jan 4, 2022

Hi folks, long time lurker first time poster. I have been wanting a two hand manual wind for a while, and saw this dial and movement that caught my eyes:

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/144052213561?hash=item218a2e5739:g:zNoAAOSw5PtgrXNxPurchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network

The cabochon crown is extra bonus. Serial number in the 31 millions date it to around 1969. However, I struggle to identify the actual model number. I see a lot of rectangular Omega 511.xxx and 111.xxx de ville (ladies sapphire cut crystal and ladies square de ville) but none close to this (square, seems like men size and the other models have individual hour markers but not cabochon crown). My fear is if I get this, there is no guarantee of finding the right case.

Any insights is appreciated.

2. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Jan 4, 2022

I'm going to bet the case was melted down. You could pay for an extract of the archive and have the serial number run which would tell you the model it was.

Then finding a case... Might be with Jimmy Hoffa's body, or perhaps Nessie or Big Foot has one.

3. Tiger131 Jan 4, 2022

That’s what I am afraid of…the money and effort to piece together the info and parts will be far costlier than paying for a whole watch. I really like the uncluttered dial though. Was hoping this could scratch the Cartier tank itch.

4. DON Jan 4, 2022

Odds of finding a case are slim to none for certain oddball dials. You can find cases for 620 movements and dials if round. Odd shaped 70's/80's a bit more difficult.

Here's one that similar to that one, but raised indexes and Omega logo. It's a ladies model.

If you search Deville caliber 620 Brings up a lot of various models. Some with cut corner cases which you probably need to match the dial.

Crown may not be original. Just something stuck on to wind and test the movement

[​IMG]

DON

Foo2rama likes this.
  5. Dan S Jan 4, 2022

Do you want a watch, or are you just interested in adding the movement to your collection? If you want a watch, don't buy it.

6. Tiger131 Jan 5, 2022

Thanks everyone above. I want a watch. I have always been interested in uncommon/oddball watches. Not necessary rare watches, but just uncommon ones that aren't seen often in the wild. I think you're right Dan, best to keep my powders dry. Something else will come along. I just got an Omega Constellation Cal 1310. Should enjoy that while waiting.