Forums Latest Members

Need Guidance about the originality of my Bulgari Watch

1. TheUnknownWho Oct 8, 2019

Hello guys,

Hope your day is going well.
    I’m new to this forum, my friend referred me to here.

I have had a Bulgari/Bvlgari watch for quite a while now. It was given to me as a gift and I am not sure if it is a genuine Bulgari or a copy/fake. Recently it fell and it got damaged a bit.

My question is that, does anyone recognize this watch? I couldn't find anything online about it. I just want to make sure that it is an Original Bulgari so that for me it would be worth to have it repaired.

Watch model:
    BB 33 SS Quartz
    L 9030 8020G

Thanks in advance!

2F7203B5-A60F-4D52-BE5C-974C3B159706.jpeg 9D14D381-10EA-46B9-A29B-DFFF704BB1AF.jpeg 6E4ACDB6-1EFB-4B5B-B1A7-C1B86CE74E6A.jpeg 9329DE21-D72C-42C6-84EE-5B102BDF25C7.jpeg
  2. Canuck Oct 8, 2019

A search on line turns up many images of Bulgari watches with that model number. Several on the Bulgari website. The subject watch doesn’t look anything like the images on line. I’ll reserve judgement, but y’know what I think..........?

TheUnknownWho likes this.
  3. redpcar Oct 8, 2019

Looks like somebody has tried to get into the back with needle nose pliers.
    The easiest way to tell would be to open the back. Fakes like this typically have Japanese Miyota movements. If you see China or Japan anywhere inside the back, then you know.
    An authentic Bulgari is not cheap. If it was given as a gift, the person giving it should be a close relative. Otherwise, I would be skeptical :cautious:

4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 8, 2019

Odds :whistling: ?

5. Canuck Oct 8, 2019

A quick check, and I just noticed there is a dial marker that has fallen off the dial! Not a problem I would expect to see on a genuine Bulgari!

6. redpcar Oct 8, 2019

Odds are: It came from an uncle ;)

DaveK likes this.
  7. TheUnknownWho Oct 8, 2019

Thanks for all the input guys,
    I’ll open the back and I will update once I do this.

Yeah when the watch fell a couple years back the dial fell off.
    my brother tried opening the back with his “kit”, we had no luck.

It was given to me by my former employer on Christmas. (It wasn’t a large company by any means, but still).

I am also skeptical like you. (All the scratches on the glass and the back...my other sapphire watches never scratched as bad as this one. And this was not a watch that got neglected)

Because of the nature of the gift, and me being not familiar with Bulgari, I never really bothered thinking about the watch being genuine or not until recently.
    the shop has quoted me 60$ for the repair. For a Chinese watch, I won’t spend this money.

Edited Oct 8, 2019