Forums Latest Members

My wife pulled a fast one.

1. Walrus Feb 27, 2020

My wife showed a visiting family member my watch collection. They were amazed to see some 40,50,60 year old watches in nice condition and impressed by the omega name and style. Since then she has had me pick up several watches. Probably about 6-7 omegas so far with many more to come.

Anyway my wife has been questioning me about Rolexes, mainly about the DJ and what to look for. I showed her some picks of your guys watches here. She was slick about it as she had really got into looking at the omegas I get her. I thought she was just curios about the “higher tier” anyway, I’m in MA at the hospital visiting someone, I called her and she informed me she bought a gold DJ from her coworker. He let her bring it to my watchmaker to check it out first. She got this for someone in another country, it was her brothers boss so I know he will be reimbursing us. She won’t tell me what she paid, I checked out our account to see withdraws, nothing to see. I figure she took it out of her brokerage account which I don’t know the password to. She already passed it off so I wouldn’t see it. Guess she didn’t want me to obsess.

So my wife is now better than me at this. She has a long list of things to fill. I can’t believe this is happening two years ago she started bitching about me about me watches.

The only way I can end this tldr post is wtf

2. Dan S Feb 27, 2020

No photos?

NYCwatchgal and Vitezi like this.
  3. Walrus Feb 27, 2020

I agree dan s, usually it’s photos or it didn’t happen but my wife’s intent was to move it before I saw it as she knew I would desire it. So no photos unless she took one and is holding back. I’ll call my watch maker in the morning to verify but my wife is one of those people who is extremely honest and the fact she didn’t tell me until after she handed it off fits with her MO. She knows how I am.

By the way she mailed it off to Rhode Island where the gentleman’s daughter is going to school and she will deliver it to China when she visits. I was scared to ask her if it’s insured.

4. CajunTiger Cajuns and Gators can't read newspapers! Feb 27, 2020

I think he wanted photos of the wife :whistling:::stirthepot::

Deafboy, Togri v. 2.0, OMEGuy and 8 others like this.
  5. zinengineer Feb 27, 2020

as I read this I thought the watch was going to be for you. Still nice to now have her “invested” in the hobby. There are much worse things in life

AllHerMovements likes this.
  6. Walrus Feb 28, 2020

As I think about it there is no way my wife would have fronted for a solid gold Rolex unless the funds were sent first. I know the guy she works with and he is a watch collector, oddly he collects breitlings and invictas. Don’t ask me why, invictas but he is the size of a pro wrestler and I remember him telling me he had a 36mm Rolex he never wore, too small. I’m not sure how money is transferred from China to the US but I know the guy sends his daughter in Rhode Island money so it probably came that way and would explain why my detective work isn’t telling me how much she paid.

She would definitely do something like this for her brothers boss. In China if your boss doesn’t like you it’s very easy to be dismissed as there are 200,000 people in line for any job. China reports there are a couple 100,000 people unemployed but studies say is more likely China’s unemployment numbers are about the size of the United States population.

7. AllHerMovements Feb 28, 2020

Crafty! Can’t you ask her how she did it? Perhaps you can bond over stealthy ways to buy watches. Maybe it will become a household competition. :)

Walrus likes this.
  8. fraglerock Feb 28, 2020

Got you a good one! Let's see some photos!

9. OMEGuy Feb 28, 2020

My wife pulls me on fast... :D

Walrus likes this.
  10. 89-0 Feb 28, 2020

And photos of the watch too :D

11. fraglerock Feb 28, 2020

ayyyyooooo!