Forums Latest Members

My video review of the Grey Side of the Moon

1. 104RS Dec 27, 2018

Stunning watch, having some doubts about the watch size for my wrist however.

dalethorn and karalhoin like this.
  2. karalhoin Dec 27, 2018

I have a puny wrist and it doesn't look bad at all. The curved lugs and dark color make it very discrete. It's a bit thick, but that's obvious for any wrist size and not really an issue unless you're using it with very formal shirts that would work better with a thin dress watch.

DSOTM is pretty cool. :)

dalethorn likes this.
  3. dalethorn Dec 27, 2018

To me it's a bit small, as I typically wear 42-46 mm watches on my 6-1/2 inch wrist. The Grey Side, looking down at it on my wrist, seems to be about half the width of my wrist. Every photo I've taken close up makes it look much larger due to perspective distortion.

karalhoin likes this.
  4. karalhoin Dec 27, 2018

Ah, I see hmm, opposite problem. I tried a GSOTM and it was great but I'd say it wears a bit bigger than the DSOTM indeed, so if you want more presence it might not suit you. Best thing is really trying them live a few times to be sure.

dalethorn likes this.
  5. dantheman3u4i Dec 27, 2018

Great work!

dalethorn likes this.
  6. dalethorn Dec 27, 2018

While my use-case is satisfactory, compared to the other watches I've been wearing daily that are more flamboyant (for lack of a better term), the GSOTM is kind-of bland, which is probably better for office wear with suits and the like. It is quite elegant. Now, if I can find a new White Side of the Moon watch for a price similar to what I paid for the Grey Side, I might just jump on it as a fun daily wear around town while shopping and hanging out.

7. VintageWatchIta Jan 2, 2019

Thank you for the video!! The watch is amazing, I tried it many times, but totally doesn't fit on my 16,5 wrist :(

dalethorn likes this.
  8. dalethorn Jan 2, 2019

I know what you mean. I frequently wear the big U-Boats so the GSOTM is in the lower size range for me, even tho my wrists aren't big.

9. nttisch23 Feb 5, 2019

This looks absolutely stunning!

dalethorn likes this.
  10. SohAIS Feb 9, 2019

Great review of a beautiful watch. Thanks for posting it.

dalethorn likes this.
  11. Sublime_1 Feb 9, 2019

lovely watch.

Why do people bash the gray market but never provide actual evidence? I've hear SN scratched off but nobody has ever posted a pic of one. I heard bands are not real or links are missing but no evidence provided. Watch was obviously used and polished and so on.

Honestly, has anyone every ordered something from a place like davissw or jomashop or authenitcwatches and received anything like the above mentions?

I think you are fairly safe ordering from gray market, warranty aside, unless you are ordering from an unencrypted .cn or .ru domain, but that's on you.

12. dalethorn Feb 9, 2019

I can't be sure about Omega since I haven't researched the grey market for this brand. But I have watched a lot of grey market activity for U-Boat watches, and there are a lot of those that aren't fully genuine. Jomashop is pretty reliable from what I remember.

Whatever the case, before ordering a watch online that doesn't offer you a full refund (and very easy return with no customs problems), be sure to check the reviews of the online site you order from. That's not always easy to do if the reviews are "stuffed" like ballot boxes in a rigged election. Patience is the companion of wisdom.

13. Sublime_1 Feb 9, 2019

Of course, buy the seller. But I question your statement about U-Boat not fully genuine...doesn't that make it a fake? Isn't that a different different market?
    I don't think GM dealers are knowingly selling fakes, at least not the decent sized established ones in the states. Not only is this illegal but they have a reputation to be concerned with.

Anyway you look at it everyone has an opinion and a way they like to do things. If money is not of concern or your gut is just telling you an AD is a way to go that's your option. If you want to save 40-50%, not worried about the warranty and willing to take a slight gamble then go gray or used.

BTW, your video did spark my interest in a watch I never really looked at before. :thumbsup:

14. dalethorn Feb 9, 2019

I don't argue against online selling, but I am VERY familiar with problems buying across borders where customs are involved, and offers of refund don't refund shipping and customs etc. I've found that getting to know a few reputable dealers and getting my "best deal" from them is much better than buying online, *unless* the online item is not available otherwise. I have many satisfactory online purchases, and a few that were *very* bad decisions. Caveat Emptor!

15. OmegaSwordHands Feb 14, 2019

Stunning watch!

dalethorn likes this.
  16. 007007007 Mar 21, 2019

I am really considering this watch as a possible next purchase.

dalethorn likes this.
  17. dalethorn Mar 21, 2019

I'm wearing it now. The knowledge that it looks the same as 3 years ago - scratch free - that's a great comfort.

18. dalethorn Mar 24, 2019

This is the Grey Side of the Moon at night, taken in the dark with the watch in one hand, and the other hand trying to hold the iPhone and snap the picture at the same time. It's a little ragged, but it's not the watch - the iPhone struggled to make a good copy.

Oh yeah, I shined a flashlight on the watch first....

711F4D8F-09DB-47EF-B2E8-C672C560CA99.jpeg

19. Investr Jun 24, 2019

Beauty!!!

dalethorn likes this.
  20. dalethorn Jun 25, 2019

I just thought of a perfect case. I bought a Rolex President in 18k gold (watch and band) in 1985 at a "Jewelry Mart" in downtown Los Angeles, through a friend. It was all genuine - no doubt about that, but when it broke down 4 years later (I wore it every day), I sent it to the Rolex Service Center in New York.

Fortunately, that friend warned me to tell Rolex not to polish or refinish the watch or band. But when I got it back, they had chipped off about half of the tritium on the dial, and they replaced the gold pins that secure the band to the watch with steel pins. And the watch broke down again in another 2 years.

So yes, the watch was genuine, but I had no real warranty protection, even from the genuine Rolex service center who ripped me off.