Forums Latest Members

My video review of the Grey Side of the Moon

1. Thrasher36 Jun 17, 2017

Its very Beautiful but are you hiding from the Wife!!!!

dalethorn likes this.
  2. dalethorn Jun 17, 2017

I wish I were. Maybe I'll hit the lottery.

3. watchestelltime Aug 11, 2017

Amazing piece

dalethorn likes this.
  4. Lexm Nov 13, 2017

Nice review Dalethorn

dalethorn likes this.
  5. dalethorn Nov 13, 2017

Thanks! Although I'm a little rough on watches, and I've beat the leather band to the point I had to get a replacement (Omega, black nylon, leather backed), the watch itself is just like new - case, crystal, everything.

6. frazierspa Nov 19, 2017

Great video! Thanks!
    St

dalethorn likes this.
  7. patinacrown Dec 5, 2017

I like the grey side best out of all the "sides of the moon"

Retromlc and dalethorn like this.
  8. dalethorn Dec 5, 2017

It has a subtle look to it, but very elegant.

9. haqq777 Sep 22, 2018

Absolutely stunning. I saw this watch in person and it is gorgeous. I know the thread was made a couple of years ago but still, congrats on owning this beauty, Dale.

dalethorn likes this.
  10. dalethorn Sep 22, 2018

Thanks! I still wear it daily, with an occasional break. I'm on my second band, this one with black nylon and leather.

EDIT: What I forgot to say - the watch looks absolutely new, since the ceramic case doesn't scratch or blemish, nor the front and back crystals.

Edited Sep 23, 2018
  11. L Tigre Oct 14, 2018

Great review and a beautiful watch! I think the grey ceramic gives it something entirely unique; not like anything else I have seen from Omega.

I have a question about that band. It looks really incredible; while looking at the video I was staring at the strap as much as the watch I have an older Omega that I'm getting repaired; and I know from experience it looks really great on a brown-grey alligator strap. So my question is, can this strap be purchased on its own?... online or maybe in person in at an AD? Any idea what it would cost? And if anyone out there knows all these questions, my last one would be "does it come in different sizes?"... as the watch I'm thinking of may be 18 or 20mm, I can't recall.

Interested in any feedback - thanks-

12. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 14, 2018

It’s a 21mm strap and generally non limited edition straps are available. This one will need a correct sized omega clasp as well.

Or you can order it from the original manufacturer Jean Rousseau in what ever size and buckle option you want. Or try Camille Fournet

https://www.jean-rousseau.com/

Edited Oct 14, 2018
  13. dalethorn Oct 15, 2018

I did try to get a replacement through my authorized dealer in Charleston SC, and they could not get one. So I did get an Omega strap in nylon and leather, black. It cost me $225 USD, but the dealer may have given me a break on the price.

14. dalethorn Oct 15, 2018

Do not give away your ceramic buckle - put it onto the new band.

superfly and Foo2rama like this.
  15. L Tigre Oct 15, 2018

Thanks all, I am checking some of the sources noted now.

Dale was the original all gator? Or some kind of combined gator plus other material? I guess I can take that even an Omega AD can’t get exactly a match to that original one. Which is too bad because it looked great.

I will be posting a few pics and questions on this old repair job (along the lines of “what do you all think”) and show whatever I end up with...

16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Oct 15, 2018

I believe it is anthracite alligator... but talk too JR as they made the original.

17. dalethorn Oct 16, 2018

Funny you should ask - I still have the original (well worn) in the box, but I never had the impression it was genuine gator, mainly because I have gator wallets and they have a 3D texture that the watchband doesn't have. So if the band is indeed gator, they managed to flatten it down to near nothing.

18. karalhoin Nov 27, 2018

Love the Grey Side.
    Worth checking out the ceramic+titanium foldover clasp. Have it on my DSOTM and really prefer it to normal buckles. Safer and easier.

dalethorn likes this.
  19. dalethorn Nov 27, 2018

Now I have to find one so I can see what it looks like.

20. karalhoin Nov 28, 2018

dalethorn likes this.