Forums Latest Members

My video review of the Grey Side of the Moon

1. dalethorn May 13, 2016

2. ahartfie The black sheep in the Spee-ee-eee-eedmaster flock May 13, 2016

It's really lovely. But no shot of you actually wearing it!

AustinTech and Jamgantenk like this.
  3. dalethorn May 13, 2016

Oops! Well, I have a 7-1/3 inch wrist, and I wear it with the buckle in the #3 hole, so it can go 2 holes larger. It's a great fit and very comfortable. I had a couple of U-Boats including the 55 mm Classico, which I traded off. I have the Tudor black ceramic Ducati edition and a few Scuderias now, so the Omega is by far my best watch.

4. Bushido May 13, 2016

Thanks for posting this and congratulations on your GSTOM!

5. dalethorn May 13, 2016

Thanks! I really like it for daily wear, and I can read the dial all night long, which is helpful.

6. dalethorn May 14, 2016

Here are some photos on the wrist. Note especially the third photo - Omega has done some fantastic (to me) things with this strap. For one, where most belts and watchbands wear badly at the hole that's used all the time, this one has such good reinforcement that even though I've worn it day and night for a month, there's zero evidence of wear at that hole. The second great feature is a small projection/nib under the loop that encloses the strap near the end that locks into the last hole, so the end of the strap doesn't get bent upward and look bad. I've cut the ends of some straps off because of that issue.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

7. dalethorn May 14, 2016

BTW, the accuracy of this watch has been around 1 second/day after one month of use. That's a real testament to the movement they use.

Riviera Paradise and ahartfie like this.
  8. dalethorn May 23, 2016

A short followup video:

9. robocaspar May 23, 2016

Beautiful watch, and thank you for the video and pictures!

dalethorn likes this.
  10. billyblue May 23, 2016

Thank you for the videos!

gnarizard and dalethorn like this.
  11. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. May 23, 2016

I saw one at an AD this weekend. Stunning watch and so far my favorite of the new speedies. In person the dial is stunning and the whole thing comes together well.

thegrailwatch, ahartfie and dalethorn like this.
  12. dalethorn May 23, 2016

Thanks! It's my first Omega, and the local jeweler has been pointing me to the dark side series for a while now, so I finally got it into the budget. I had no idea just how big the Omega world was until I found this forum. It's like a giant candy store!

ahartfie likes this.
  13. dalethorn May 23, 2016

My local dealer has a few other Omegas (it's a small store), but looking at what's on this forum, I'll have to get him to order a couple more models he doesn't have now.

14. Exarkun12 Jun 5, 2016

thanks for the videos! the gsotm is one of the nicest watches out there!

dalethorn likes this.
  15. bigtang1 Jun 29, 2016

A beauty !

dalethorn likes this.
  16. dalethorn Jul 2, 2016

Here is a photo I took around 1st of May, but had not finished processing. There are some reflections on the case on the left and right. It's very difficult for me to minimize those reflections.

[​IMG]

Ashman, pault8084, haqq777 and 2 others like this.
  17. karalhoin Jul 5, 2016

Nice choice, congrats

dalethorn likes this.
  18. Buster Nov 26, 2016

Beautiful. Well done.

dalethorn likes this.
  19. dalethorn Jun 17, 2017

Update: I've added an Omega band that's black nylon on the outside and black leather inside. You can see that band on some of the Dark Side watches. I wear a few watches in rotation now, but this one about half the time. I've been lusting after a new Seamaster in black ceramic that my local jeweler has, and though the case is about the same width, the weight is at least 50 percent more. I really like where Omega is going with these watches. The Seamaster lists for $11700 USD. (see next photo)

Edited Jun 17, 2017
  20. dalethorn Jun 17, 2017